Chapter 16

Stay gold~ words in Japanese~ STAY GOLD y'all I'm obsessed with this song. Their Japanese songs just hit different ya know

I was startled awake by a loud banging on my bedroom door.

I reached for my gun so fast I might've been the Flash. I also got my phone ready to call the police because someone had just broken into my house.

"Relax Cheonsa it's me. I grabbed your spare key, which you ought to hide better, everyone checks under the welcome mat first."

I let out a breath of relief, it was Seokjin.

I heard the knob on the door begin to turn.

My eyes widened in shock, "Seokjin wait I'm not-"

But it was too late.

I literally threw the blanket over my whole body in embarrassment.

"Oh my god get out!" I shrieked under the blanket.

Instead of doing as I asked he sat down at the edge of the bed.

"Relax Cheonsa I'm not gonna look," he huffed.

I was going to kill him. I slept in my bra and booty shorts, so I don't think any amount of 'I'm not going to look' would save me from the secondhand embarrassment.

"Seokjin what are you doing here? Am I late? Shit sorry, I'll get ready but can you go?" I squeaked from under the blanket.

He let out a soft chuckle that made my heart twist into knots of gushiness.

"Actually today is our day off," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Since when?"

"Since this morning. I asked the Chief to give us the day off. We both need a break," he said.

"Umm can we do that? We're in the middle of trying to solve four murders, it seems kind of odd to take a break in the middle of that," I asked, very confused by this strangely casual conversation.

"Yes we can. Now come out so I can explain what we're doing today," he said.

I scoffed, "Over my dead body. For someone who likes to brood and act like an ass and likes alone time, this is a strangely outward gesture. Also, I don't think you'd want me to come out."

"I swear I'm not going to be perverted," he said.

"That doesn't matter. I'm literally in a bra and booty shorts," I blurted.

He went silent while I died of embarrassment under the blanket.

"I'll wait outside," he choked.

Once my bedroom door was shut I pulled the covers off of me and let out an exasperated sigh. Well that was mortifying.

I dragged myself out of bed and quickly showered and changed into something comfortable.