Chapter 11

Cheonsa POV

I hobbled into work, tightly clutching Jaehwa's diary. I was unsettled by her last entry and the few entries leading up to it. The way she never finished her tenth entry, and the way her and her girlfriend were fighting was totally out of place. Clearly, her girlfriend had a vendetta against rich people, similar to the Choi's who had been shortchanged by the rich.

Maybe they were all connected after all.

Ignoring all the morning whistles from fellow employees, I arrived at my desk and plopped onto the chair with a sigh.

"Hey, I got you some coffee," Seokjin said, placing a coffee cup in front of me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Still being all caring even though it's just a twisted ankle."

He grinned, "All injuries deserve to be treated similarly. Speaking of which, I brought another gauze to wrap your foot in."

I lifted my injured foot slightly, watching adoringly as Seokjin replaced the wrap around my swollen foot.

He was so gentle and caring as he did. It was rather endearing.

Once my foot was wrapped I passed him Jaehwa's diary.

"So I took a look, and there were some pretty important things in there. Can you write it down on the board and then we can organize and connect the dots as we go along?" I asked.

He nodded, waiting for me to relay the new facts.

"So here's what we got. Jaehwa realizes there's this girl who she's interested in leading her to discover her sexuality and that she's a lesbian. Her and this mystery girl start to get closer and form an unlikely friendship despite the two being wildly different. Jaehwa starts to realize her attraction towards the other girl and wants to make a move. When she does so, the two start dating. The relationship is going steady and Jaehwa admits that she really loves the other girl and would do anything for her. I'd take note of the line, 'I'd even die for her.' But things start to take a turn after Song Haewon's death. The girlfriend starts to become distant and pushes Jaehwa away, muttering things about taking away the things that are precious from the rich to compensate for their actions on the poor. Jaehwa and her start fighting more about their secret relationship and the recent events leading to the girlfriend saying something similar to her. Determined to fix their relationship, Jaehwa agrees to go somewhere, potentially illegal with her girlfriend. And that's the last entry."

"What do you think it means?" Seokjin asked.

"I think we need to assume that this girlfriend is the daughter that's been referenced. At least for now we need to assume it's her. And I think we need to assume that those missing pictures are of our suspect. And the burglar is said person. It's also safe to say that our suspect is a female because when I was chasing the burglar, the frame was definitely of a woman. So our suspect's family got shortchanged by the Song's and the Lee's but had a personal relationship with the daughter of the Yoo's. Either, the suspect was in a relationship with the daughter just to kill her, but I highly doubt that considering the Yoo's were all for helping the poorer communities. So perhaps, a hatred of rich people in general grew and that led her to kill Jaehwa. And Jaehwa being 'willing to die' for her might explain why there was no evidence of struggle."

Seokjin sharply inhaled, "That's sick. To kill your loved one for a mere hatred against a group of people."

There was a knock at our door.

"Detectives, your informants are here," an officer.

While the whole investigating charade was going on, we had also been going through the senior rosters of both the three girls and Jisol. We had selected two people who weren't in the inner circle, but were around when all of this stuff started happening. We were going to interrogate them and get their statements today as they willingly agreed to come in and see if they could help.