Chapter 27

White void again.

My head was killing me in ways I couldn't even explain.

I felt immensely sleepy but also strangely drawn to this white void.

It felt different than the other times.

Wait what other times?

"Where the hell am I?" I groaned.

"Cheonsa!" A familiar voice yelled.

I saw this angelic figure running toward me.

Jisol.

She wrapped me in a large hug.

It was strangely comforting.

"Jisol? What's going on?" I asked.

She looked nervous.

"Cheonsa, you're in the in-between," she answered, looking at me seriously.

"What the flower is that?" I questioned.

She held my hands, sending a jolt through my body. Her hands were so warm and gentle, and her aura was very inviting.

"Cheonsa, this is the place between the world of the living and the world of the dead. People who are in comas usually get stuck here when they're about to go to either world," she explained.

Well that explained one thing at least. I was in a coma. But how the heck is this even a real place? This made no sense to me.

"I know it's a lot to take in, but you have to try and understand. When you were sent to Earth, you were made out of thin air as a physical being to support my spirit. But I wasn't fully willing to be alive again, so I don't exactly have full control of you. I was just housed inside of you for the case," she said.

My head was pounding from all the incoming information.

"Wait what do you mean 'was?'" I asked.

"Cheonsa, my grand purpose was fulfilled. I don't have any use for living anymore. So I'm returning to the world of the dead. I need to be with my mother. I couldn't bare to leave her and forget her. I belong here."

Four figures materialized from thin air but I was more focused on the fact that Jisol wasn't going to be a part of me anymore.

"But what'll happen to me?" I asked.

She smiled, "That's your choice. People who get put in the in between have the choice of either moving onto the next world or going back. Of course there is a time constraint on this as the people on the living world will decide if enough time has lapsed."

Seokjin. There was Seokjin in the world of the living.

But something about me was unsure.

Something about me wasn't willing to part with Jisol. In some strange way, she made up who I was. Without her, I had no identity. No memories. No purpose.

"I thought you might feel conflicted so I brought some friends to help you make your choice. Either way, I'll always love and remember you."

The four figures approached us. I recognized three of them.

Song Haewon.

Yoo Jaehwa.

Lee Yuri.

They were beautiful. They looked tired and stressed, but they were still lovey and ethereal just like Jisol.

"We need to do proper introductions. I'm Song Haewon. I was the first girl to be killed by Choi Misun. Thank you for bringing my family the closure they needed."

"I'm Yoo Jaehwa. I was the girl who was played by Choi Misun. Thank you for helping me out."

My heart ached for her.

"For what it's worth Jaehwa, Misun did genuinely love you but her brother planted an idea early on that you were pity dating her, so she turned on you," I said.

She gave a sad smile, "No point in dwelling over it."

The last girl stepped up.

"I'm Lee Yuri. I was the final victim of the Choi's. Honestly, I'm just glad it's over, so thanks."

I nodded.

All those girls were so young. And their lives had been ripped from them.

"You've done great things Cheonsa. The living world needs someone like you to instill your brilliance," Haewon said.

"Without you, the three of us would've been tormented up here," Jaehwa added.

"Yeah. You're a real hero Cheonsa," Yuri said.

A hero? I didn't feel like a hero. It was just my job.

Jisol took my hands in hers and turned me to face the other person.

I didn't recognize her. I'd never seen her before so I wasn't sure what she could do or say.

"You may not know me like that, but you know of me," the girl said.

Her voice was soft and honey-like.

"Cheonsa, I'm Sunee..."

No way.

I felt the whole world stop. Jisol and the others weren't there anymore. It was just me and Sunee.

"Y-you're the one. S-Seokjin's f-first love," I stammered, suddenly overwhelmed with emotion.

She gave a nostalgic smile, "Once upon a time I was. But I'm not anymore."

She looked at me with the utmost gentleness.

"You are. You're his new love. After years of painfully watching him suffer, he found something. He found someone. He'd be absolutely crushed if you didn't go back to him. He made quite the speech the other day. He loves you Cheonsa. And I can say that with confidence."

"But he'll always love you," I said.

"Maybe. But right now, you're his priority. And I want to make sure that he can access a little bit of happiness in his life."

Her words were weighing heavily on my heart.

Seokjin.

He was the one who was waiting for me.

The one who had been there for me from the beginning. And he was the one I wanted their till the end.

Jisol nodded proudly at me.

"Jisol, I want to go back. I'm sorry, I'll always miss you, but I have so much that I've yet to accomplish,"
I said.

She smiled, "I'm glad we're on the same page. I'm sorry I can't join you, but my place is here. You were a great friend Cheonsa, and I'll never forget you."

The figures of the five of them seemed to be getting more and more distant. I tried to run to catch up with them, but they were fading from sight.

A small tear slipped out of my eye.

I won't forget you either.

I hope you all find peace.

The first thing I felt was a tight hand in mine.

Without even registering what was happening I squeezed that hand as tight as I could.

I'm alive.

I'm alive.

I'm alive.