Chapter 13

When I say I was about to yell at myself, I mean I was about to yell at myself. That stupid voice in my head wouldn't shut up at all!

I was literally one more complaint away from punching myself in the face.

After a short drive, we had arrived. I'm sure it had to do with the warnings the little voice was screaming in my head, but as I stepped out of the car, I felt a shiver shoot up my spine and my throat went dry.

A familiar feeling of anxiety and red flags went off in my body.

"I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough Cheonsa. You're about to learn a lot about what happened. I'm sorry that you were forced to do this."

The voice stopped screaming and gave me a bit of peace. But it was more chilling than I had expected it to be.

The river was flowing exceptionally fast today reminding me that if the river had been like this back then, they might've not found her body as fast as they did.

I took tentative steps towards the river, the other surroundings around me becoming blurred.

This feeling of betrayal and utter terror settled in my gut in an uncomfortable means.

"Cheonsa? Are you okay?"

Seokjin's voice pulled me from my thoughts.

It was as if my senses were extra heightened or something, because for some reason, it felt like I was seeing and hearing Seokjin in HD and 8D.

I noticed how perfect his face was. The way his hair perfectly cut off above his eyebrows and the way his lips were perfectly plump that when they curved into a smile it seemed to do things to my heart. I could see the way his beautiful brown eyes were so deep and vast and how they had seen things so utterly scarring. I could get lost in his beauty.

"Hello? Earth to Cheonsa?!" He called again.

I tried to focus on what he was saying rather than how he was looking.

He chuckled, "I know I'm handsome but I don't know if right now is the time to be spacing out."

His voice was soft and honey-like.

"R-right. Sorry. So this was where it all went down right?" I asked.

He sighed, "We're not sure if she was killed here, but she was thrown into this river and found here."

I took small steps closer to the river.

I felt extremely hyper-aware and paranoid all at once. The air felt incredibly still and thick with the lingering feeling of death.

There was a voice in my head, but it wasn't the one I unconsciously was waiting for.

It was someone else.

A man.

A man's maniacal laughter.

It all hit me at once.

An overwhelming feeling of helplessness and fear. A feeling of isolation and impending doom.

Before I could even register what was happening, I held my head tightly, shouting for the laughter to stop. I fell behind a tree with tears pouring out of my eyes.

The world around me went white.

"I'm sorry Cheonsa."