Chapter 36

"Hello." Nya heard an unfamiliar voice from behind her and adjusted her position so she could be more comfortable. She was a bit nervous but succeeded in staying calm.

"Who are you?" Nya asked, not turning her head just yet.

"I am Edyth." A green-haired woman said, smiling a bit as she lazily walked over to Nya's bed.

"And what is it that you want, Edyth?"

"A conversation." The unknown female came closer to Nya's bed and sat on it, behind Nya. "What's your name?"

"Nya." Nya was a bit more nervous but didn't feel like she was in danger.

"Hm...Nya. That's a nice name." A soft hand touched Nya's shoulder and nimble fingers grazed her skin gently.

"Thank you...yours is unique. What is your species?" Nya looked back finally to see long metallic green hair and beautiful bronze brown skin. Nya was so amazed that she scooted back a little to see more of her.

Edyth smiled, getting comfortable as she liked Nya's reaction. "I am a fairy."

"Really? I'm a halfbreed. Part human part dragon." Nya looked back up at Edyth, meeting her eyes that slowly changed colors.

Green. Brown. Hazel. Yellow. It was a cycle of those for colors and it entranced Nya.

If Edyth wanted information out of Nya, she'd have better luck than Cameron.

"That makes sense. I can feel strong power within you." Edyth nodded, adjusting the silk silver dress she wore.

"Really? I- you flew up here, didn't you?" Nya asked, having a few thoughts crash into each other at once.

"Yes, I turned into my smaller form and made my way up here. You're correct." Edyth laziness made her seem approachable. She had brought her bare legs up on Nya's bed.

"I feel like there's real reason you came here?" Nya got comfortable too.

"My village heard the King had found his first lover and brought their family to live with him. I sneaked out to see for myself." Edyth said, covering her face with a hand.

"The woods over there, belong to your village?" Nya asked. Edyth nodded lazily, tilting her head to the side. "Hm..." Nya started to think, That's a good place for us to consider making our escape. "Does his demons scare you fairies?" Nya asked, looking back at Edyth.

"We can distract and get away but we're not exactly a lasting fight when confronted." As soon as Nya showed she understood, Norah woke up and started to cry, startling the fairy onto her feet.

Nya quickly got up to go over to her sister and calmly gave her little sister the toys she brought, helping her.

"I-Is that your baby?" Edyth sounded scared.

"Oh, no. This is my little sister, Norah." Nya gave the fairy a reassuring smile.

"Oh."

Nya picked up Norah and put her out to Edyth. Edyth looked horrified as she took the baby but Norah immediately hugged Edyth and played with her hair.

"Oop. She likes you." Nya covered her mouth with one hand.

"H-Huh...t-that's good."

"Usually when she doesn't like someone she'll sneeze, cry, vomit, or hurt them. Anything to get away from them." Edyth laughed a little and began to play with Norah with Nya watching.

Some more months passed and the planning of escaping was going well for the family. Edyth came to the castle more for Nya but her village was worried something would happen.

Something did.

All of a sudden, loud crashing was heard. Screams and yelling filled the castle and everyone was up and out of their beds, rushing to each other.

"The castle is being attacked!" A demon screamed before being crushed by the falling debris of the castle.

"Is this a good time to go for the plan?" Nya asked, looking at the others while she held Norah.

"Yes, it is. Or we'll lose our chance." Blade said, nodding quickly and everyone started to leave the castle that was collapsing.

"Gotta go, Gotta go, Gotta go!" Xavier chanted while Blaze, Blade and Blarza turned into their horse forms.

Xavier took Norah before getting on Blaze's back. Christian nervously managed to sit on Blade's back. Nya and Edyth didn't hesitate to get on Blarza's. They rushed into the woods where Edyth's village rested and Xavier, Blade and Edyth activated the portal they had been working so had on. Edyth turned to her village, ready to say goodbye. They had known this day would come...

There was an adventure out there just waiting for her. With Nya.

"It's alright, dear. You go! We'll do what we do best! Hide!" Nya held Edyth's hand and everyone started to disappear.

The group fell through the sky and landed into trees. "Oh my." Blarza murmured, as her family shifted back.

"Everyone good?" Christian asked, pulling himself up.

Xavier looked at his giggling little sister and Blaze smiled, underneath them. Xavier nodded to Edyth and she took out some fairy dust and blew some on everyone so that they could get down safely.

"Everyone go find who you're supposed to look for." Xavier grinned and Norah continued to giggle. The group separated at his words. Xavier gave Norah to Blaze and ran off to find the two elves they had come to be friends with; Zac and Zakari. Nya and Edyth went for Ava and Jane while Christian went for the twins.

Xavier started breaking the ice that had their friends frozen in. "Hopefully we don't have to do this again." Xavier was successful with his hot hands and then as he pulled them out, Zac up first.

"Hi. You good?" Xavier said, snapping and lighting a fire for them.

"Just fine. Thanks."

"Good. Come on and wake up your friend."

"Welcome back to the world of the living." Edyth smiled, raising her arms.

"I loved being frozen." Ava rolled her eyes.

"It was only for a few days, Ava." Jane said, hugging the redhead's side.

"Exactly. And now my stomach is growling."

"We'll get food later! Let's join everyone else." Nya said and the four girls started to run off.

"You two good?" Christian asked and the twins nodded, coughing a bit.

"Well, let's go." Christian put the twins on either of his shoulders and started to jog back once the twins falling asleep.