Chapter 13

Nya was reading in the garden when she sensed someone coming close. She stopped reading and looked at the flowers in the bushes surrounding her. She had studied the maze over time, and knew exactly of the ins and outs. Cameron and his cousins would always get lost in the maze. They'd force her to help them.

She wondered when they'd grow up.

"Hello." Nya surprised herself when she didn't jump.

"Good afternoon." Nya didn't look up to the knight, but touched one of the flowers instead. A red rose. Xavier.

Nya purposely pricked her finger on it and when she saw her blood, she did not react. The knight jumped before coming over. He pulled out a handkerchief and put it over her finger. She finally looked up at him.

He was attractive, something she fought with herself to admit in her head.

She couldn't find any flaws in his appearance. How cliché. And stupid.

She flung her hand out of his hold and grabbed her book, ready to leave. "Why did you do that? You knew there were-"

"I've never had a scar or bruise. I've never been physically hurt before. After all this time, it is surprising. I've only had internal pain and there will always be a hole inside of me. I just wanted to know how it'd feel. Now, if you will excuse me." Nya left the knight, walked out of the maze and went back into the castle.

She knew Cameron did not love her anymore. He was looking for a noble or a princess, and as soon as he did, Nya would be out of the castle.

Christian would be next, but he did not love anyone. Christian slept with many girls, both servants and nobles. He abused the one little servant that actually loved him. Nya felt bad for the servant named Jonathan.

Charlotte was a little nicer, but she could turn on you at any minute. Nya knew she couldn't trust anyone, but she knew that Charlotte would be the last to hear anything from her. Charlotte twisted things and was a manipulative princess.

Chase, a charmer who flirted with everyone but the one who loved him was also right under his nose.