Chapter 25

"I have asked one of the dragons to test Nathaniel." The demon gave Xander a bowl of food as a mirror that stood in the middle of the room showed them a foggy forest. Nathaniel was coming from the dragon lands and the dragon the demon had sent had met with him. Nathaniel was dismissing him for a while but then a conversation began.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like?"

"I have a husband and children."

"Don't detour me."

"Why not?"

"Do you love your husband?"

"Of course I do."

"Really? What about those times you visited us?"

The demon watched Xander tense in shock and the demon leaned closer to slowly take Xander's bowl from him.

"You've never had anything that said you were taken and so what happens when others come?"

"What are you doing this for?"

"I have a job. Explain yourself and I'll give you something." Xander wasn't able to notice but something else was happening behind the scenes...it was much easier for Nathaniel to say what he said next.

"My husband...does not give me what I want...so when I visit the dragons...I'm being handled by different men."

The demon watched Xander's heartbreak and slipped the orb back inside of him.

"Your children?" The conversation between the dragon shifters continued on the other side of the mirror.

"I love them more than anyone."

"But you're willing to hurt them for your own lustful greedy desires."

"It doesn't matter anymore. Give me what I want."

"Oh, right."

The demon made the mirror disappear just as the dragon jumped Nathaniel.

"No trick..?" Xander muttered, sounding vulnerable.

"This was no trick or joke, Xander. I wouldn't do this to you."

"What happened next?"

"I had the dragon beat him." The demon continued to stare at Xander until a concerned look took upon his face. "Xander, what's going in there? I can't read anything." The demon said and made eye contact with Xander.

"There's no reason for this anymore." Xander hastily pulled his ring off of his finger, shaking furiously. The demon took it and hugged Xander. Xander started to silently cry but his tears weren't normal. His tears were filled with blood.

"What did you do?"

"What do you think?" Xander scoffed.

"It was going to happen anyway." The demon laid Xander down on the bed. "You won't be going through any pain. Your body can handle it now."

Xander had successfully started to turn into a demon.

"Wow."

"What?"

"You were attractive before but now you have surpassed expectations."

"Of course I have." Xander easily turned back into his human form.

"What's going to happen now?"

"Well.." The demon looked at the ring.

"I want this destroyed. The contract has already been ruined."

"Of course. I'll let you visit one person."

"Xavier."

Blaze kissed Xavier and he woke up. "Hello, my beautiful sleeping beauty. I'm glad you're awake...so now I can take care of you."

After the two were up and ready, Nya came to them upset and out of control. "Come on, you two!"

Nathaniel's body had been found. Unconscious but wounded. He was taken in one of the huts.

"I can heal him." Jane told the others.

"Then go ahead."

"I'm going to talk to my parents alone, I'll be back." Blaze kissed Xavier before leaving, finding his parents outside.

"There's something wrong. Very wrong." Blaze whispered.

"It's a scent, son. Disgusting. Move your nose away from Nathaniel." His parents closed in on him and Blaze nodded.

Jane saw everything Nathaniel had done when she touched his head and after healing him, she had quickly gone out of the tent to throw up.

Ava followed her and kept her from falling. "Love, are you alright?"

"I...I...no." Jane started to cry and sob.

"Are you okay?" Nya asked Nathaniel after he woke up and he slowly nodded. Nya got him some water and Xavier stared into space. He could feel something. It was a disgusting feeling. He walked out of the tent and noticed a dark figure in the sky. The figure sent a fireball towards Xavier and Xavier jumped on it, controlling it and meeting the figure high above the ground.

"Dad?!" The darkness cleared and Xavier saw his father.

"Xavier." Xavier crashed into Xander, hugging him tightly and Xander hugged back.

"I've missed you so much."

"I can tell. I've missed you more."

"Where did you go? What happened?" Xavier pulled away, checking over his father.

"You were right to think I was in trouble."

"Yeah and now you're okay. Right? You look okay? What happened?"

"Xavier...I cannot stay." Xander held his son close and Xavier froze.

"Wha- Why? What are you talking about?" Xavier looked up at the man more than confused.

"I have a friend...who needs some help but I won't be gone for long. You understand, don't you?"

"O-Of course, I do. It's just Mom came back and he doesn't seem the same."

"I can sense it. You will figure it out. Control your fire, remember what I told you, okay?" Xander kissed Xavier's forehead and ruffled his hair.

"Yes, sir."

"And use protection."

"Dad!" Xavier groaned before hiding his face as Xander disappeared.