Chapter 23

"So we need to go now?" Blade said, looking at his best friend.

"Yes." Xander answered with a sigh.

"I can go to the south of the area." Blarza said and her son looked at her.

"Mom-"

"Boy, I can handle myself. I am your mother."

"Don't underestimate your mother, son or she will teach you a lesson." Blade said, without looking at his son.

Blaze nodded, looking down in shame. "I'm sorry for doubting your abilities, mother." Blaze said and Blarza patted his shoulder.

"I am not affected."

"I want to go, too." Xavier spoke up.

"Xavier, you know you cannot." Xander told him, seriously.

"But-"

"Xavier, you must stay with Blaze and protect the camp."

"Yes...Yes sir." Xander, Blade, and Blarza left the boys, going their separate directions.

Blaze wrapped his arms around Xavier and Xavier leaned on him. "Don't say it'll be alright, Blaze. Not even you can assure that."

"Yes but we have to believe that it'll be alright for now." Something triggered in Xavier and Blaze covered Xavier's eyes as Xavier put his head back.

"I just-"

"Breathe, baby." More tears ran down and Xavier tried to calm down. Blaze used his other hand to make circles on Xavier's side to see if it would help him. Xavier calmed down after a few minutes and Blaze moved his hand. Blaze cleaned Xavier's face before slowly picking him up. Xavier wrapped his legs around Blaze's waist and his arms around his neck.

"I love you." Xavier whispered,

"I love you too."

"Your sister is so cute."

"Yes, she is." Nya and her friends were entertaining Norah when Xavier and Blaze came back to them.

"Hey."

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah." Xavier said and Blaze sat down.

"What are we going to do now?" Ava asked, looking down.

"We could go on an adventure." Jonathan suggested suddenly.

"And do what?" His sister asked, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Is there a waterfall or lake around here? We could go for a swim."

"Oh, yeah." Xavier murmured and snuggled into Blaze's shoulder.

"Yes! We'll go swimming! Good idea!"

"I don't want to swim..." Xavier lowered , and Blaze nodded.

"Then you don't have to. No one will force you, Xavi."

Eventually, Blaze was in some shorts and Xavier was sitting on his lap wearing some shorts too. The others were already running in the water.

"You really like sitting on my lap."

"I really do." The two had their feet in the water while they sat on the ground.

"Come on, boys! What are you sitting there for?" Nya asked.

"I'm sitting here cause I don't want to swim."

" You should come swim. It's great."

"And you're a pest but you don't see me bugging you." Xavier muttered and Blaze smiled.

"If Xavier doesn't want to swim, he doesn't have to swim." Blaze said, so Nya and her friends turned away, leaving them alone.

Later that day, Xavier and Blaze were relaxing alone when Jane came to them. "Sorry to interrupt but Blaze, your parents are back."

Xavier and Blaze glanced at each other before quickly getting up and rushing past Jane.