Chapter 28

Xavier watched Blaze in his horse form run around and Xavier began to eat some more fruit. Blaze ran to his limit before turning back and laying down, tired. Xavier walked over to him and gave him some water.

"Thanks."

"No problem. You looked really cool." Xavier muttered, unconsciously playing with a few strands of Blaze's long black hair. Blaze raised up with a smile on his face.

"What was that?"

"You looked really cool." Xavier repeated, starting to blush.

"Say it again." Blaze felt his pride grow.

"Blaze" Xavier groaned and Blaze brought him down for a kiss.

From not so far away, Blarza was cooing and Blade was looking at his wife in confusion.

"What are you 'awwing' about this time?"

"Xavier and Blaze are kissing again."

"They've done it a million times, why are you still doing all that?" Blade motioned to his wife and she pouted.

"Cause they're still cute. You don't understand, love."

"I think I do. You're fawning over our son and his boyfriend."

"Future son in-law." Blarza corrected.

"Okay, yes, same difference." Blade gave up and Blarza smiled.

"You care about him like he's your own, yes?" Blarza looked at her mate.

"Of course, I do. It's his sister I'm cautious of." Blade shrugged, turning away.

"I know but everyone forgave her." Blarza put her hand on his arm.

"You want me to try?" Blade looked back at her.

"Yes." She nodded.

"Fine." Blade groaned and Blarza smiled.

"That's my husband." She patted his arm and Blade made a face,

"Was I not before?"

Back at the camp, the others were surrounding each other with conversation.

"Maybe I could go be a healer in a town nearby for some money." Jane suggested, putting her hands in her lap.

"I'd have to be on guard all the time you'd be working." Ava looked at her.

"Could we go with you? You know, to help?"

"Sure." Jane smiled at the twins.

Nya was distracted playing with her younger sister. "And we'd have to tell Nya." Ava said with a frown as the rest of them looked at their friend.

"I think she'll be okay with it. As long as it's a town nearby, she could visit." Jane said, and Ava looked back at her.

"Alright, then."

Dinner came around and Jane told Blaze her plan. "I have books you could read for techniques or ways to teach the twins as your help." Blaze said while Xavier stuffed his mouth, unintentionally listening. He waited until the conversation to almost end.

"Hey, do you need help telling Nya? I can do it for you." Xavier said, with his mouth almost full and Jane smiled a little.

"Thanks, Xavier but I think we can do it. You guys are such a big help."

"It's no problem."

After dinner, Xavier and Blaze easily went to sleep. Nathaniel went to sleep with no dreams in his tent by himself while Norah slept with Nya and her friends and Blaze's parents slept in their tent.

Xander watched over them with the demon next to him.

"When will you go to them?"

"Maybe tomorrow." Jaxon nodded in response.

"I'll be introducing you to my followers soon."

"What are you, a king?" Xander looked back up at Jaxon.

"You could say that."

In the morning, Blaze woke up first. He kissed Xavier's forehead and got up after ruffling Xavier's hair. Blaze got washed up for the day and started on breakfast.

"Good morning, Blaze."

"Good morning, sir." Blaze didn't look up when Xander appeared, making the older man smile.

"Early bird as always."

"Yes, sir."

"Oh, do stop being so formal." Xander chuckled.

"I can't help it..sir."

"Come on, Blaze. Dad. Repeat."

"D-Dad..?" Blaze looked down and Xander laughed while in the air.

"Good. You work on it. It's alright. But I want a 'father' or something by the time you two get married."

"Yes...Dad?" Blaze uncomfortably looked up at Xander.

"Why are you making my son call you that?" Xander turned to his friend, still smiling.

"Blade."

"Xander." Xander and Blaze did a small handshake and Blarza came through, scoffing at them. The men laughed and hugged each other. Blarza blushed and crossed her arms.

"Blarza, I'm sorry." Xander put his arms around her and she hugged him back.

Everyone else started to wake up and Xavier and Nya got up to hug their father.

"Xander..."

"Nathaniel." Xander slowly looked at Nathaniel. Nathaniel could tell Xander was very much stronger than before. "Let's eat, yeah?" Xander said, looking at his children.

Everyone ate and everyone was talking except Nathaniel. "Let's talk after." Xander whispered in Nathaniel's ear and Nathaniel nodded. Xavier and Nya looked at each other for a moment.

After breakfast, Xavier and Blaze were headed to their tent when Nya collided with her brother in tears.

"Y-You knew, didn't you?" Xavier looked down, realizing the situation.

"They said they could tell you themselves." Xavier grabbed her arms. "You...You can go with them if you want, Nya." Nya's eyes widened as more of her tears poured out of her eyes.

"No!" She headbutted Xavier's chest and started to cry again. "I love my friends but I'm not losing you again! You're my brother! My only one. I still have to repent for what I did. I can't leave you again." Xavier shushed and hugged his sister.

"I thought I said I had forgiven you."

"Sorry is not enough for what I did!"

"That's just too bad. I have forgiven you and that's it. You're here now so I don't need to hold a grudge anymore. I've learned that. Now, stop crying Nya, I'm fighting my tears better than you are. Help your friends and know you can visit. They promised it'd be a town not far from here. Just to be healers or something." Xavier stayed calm, trying to help his sister.

"R-Right." Nya squeezed her brother, wiped her face and then flying off.

Xavier turned around and saw Blaze, who hugged him and kissed the side of his head.

"Good job, Xavier. I'm proud of you." Xavier closed his eyes and nodded, hugging Blaze back.