Chapter 6

"Blaze?! Blaze?! N-No! Don't you dare leave me! You said you'd protect me. You'd never leave me. Don't leave!" Xavier cried, trying to stop the wound Blaze had in his abdomen.

"Xavier...I love you. I'll always..protect you."

Xavier woke up in Blaze's arms again and cried. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Just don't leave me! Don't ever leave me!"

"I won't. I promise, I won't. I will never ever leave you." Blaze said, and tried to calm the boy down.

"Blaze, please. Don't leave me." Xavier kept his eyes tightly shut.

"I swear Xavier. Now please calm down." Blaze moved Xavier's hair out of his face.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry-" "Xavier. Stop saying you're sorry when you did nothing wrong." Blaze got on top of Xavier and forced him to breathe. Xavier opened his eyes and tears rolled freely.

"You protected me from getting hit and you were going to die in my arms. You promised you'd never leave and always protect me...so why did you die? You can't leave me." Blaze felt some way and slowly put his forehead to Xavier's.

"I think I'd be happy dying protecting you." Blaze smiled a bit.

"But if you die then who will protect me?"

"That's a good point. Then, I'll make sure to protect both of us, so you won't ever be alone." Xavier hugged Blaze.

"Promise?"

"Promise." Blaze smiled.

"Your last words..were that you loved me and that you would always protect me." Xavier blushed and looked away. Blaze's eyes widened and he blushed.
"D-Do you love me?" Xavier slowly managed to look up at Blaze.

"Yes...I love you." Blaze looked at Xavier.

"N-Not just as a best friend?" Xavier asked, trying not to be as shy and nervous as he was.

"Not just as a best friend." Blaze smiled a bit.

"P-Prove it." Xavier closed his eyes and Blaze leaned in closer to kiss Xavier.

"Guys!" Nya interrupted them, coming into Blaze's tent. "Let's go." The three of them rushed out of the tent and found Xander and Nathaniel.

"So you're okay with us going to the kingdom?" Xavier asked his father, crossing his arms.

"I'll try to be." Xander said with a small smile and Xavier rolled his eyes.

"Well, I'd rather be safe than be in danger." Xavier scoffed before storming away. "I can't believe Papa is giving up on keeping us safe just so Nya can be happy. What about me? What about keeping us safe as a whole? As a family?"

"Do I make you happy?" Blaze asked, and Xavier quickly looked back.

"Of course you do, Blaze. But Nya-- She might just get us all killed. Our parents are- they're allowing this--" Xavier froze and tense as rage filled him.

Xavier jumped off the cliff he was near and transformed into a big red dragon. Xavier roared and then turned to Blaze. Xavier lowered himself down just by putting his face in front of Blaze. Blaze got closer and patted Xavier's dragon skin with both of his hands.

"You better take me wherever you're going."

"I will." Xavier licked Blaze's face and Blaze sighed.

"You're lucky I love you." Blaze said, before jumping onto Xavier's break. Blaze held on tight, and Xavier started to fly away in the clouds. Blaze actually showed emotion while Xavier was a show-off.

"I don't want to go to that prince's party." Xavier said after a while.

"Is one of the reasons because of one of his cousins?"

"Yes, but I don't like any of his cousins." Blaze patted Xavier again, comforting him.