Chapter 7

"You look amazing, you two." Blarza smiled.

"Thank you, Mother." Blaze said as he patted Xander's arm.

"I don't want to do this." Xavier muttered, crossing his arms.

"I know you don't but we don't really have a choice, do we?" Blaze asked, making Xavier groan.

"Bye, Mama and Papa." Nya waved.

"Xavier..." Xavier looked up at Xander. "Have fun, alright?" Xander ruffled his boy's hair before he stepped away. Blaze took his chance and held Xavier's hand and pulled him away. They got in the wagon and Cameron was waiting inside.

"Happy Birthday, Cameron!" Nya said, happily and gave him her gift.

"Hi, Nya...T-Thank you." Cameron smiled, blushing as he put the flower crown on his head.

"We'll give you our gifts at the party." Blaze said and Cameron nodded.

"Thanks."

The four arrived at the castle and got out with many people saying 'Happy Birthday' to the prince.

"Prince Cameron! Happy Birthday!"

"Thank you, all!"

Cameron was happy greeting everyone and when his cousins came in, the people parted for him so they could approach him.

"You invited your friends, did you?" Charlotte asked with her lips pulled up into a fake smile.

"Of course I did." Cameron continued to smile.

Xavier wasn't paying attention to the young royals. He was staring at a chocolate cake that had red icing and Blaze smiled a little. That smile quickly turned into a neutral expression as Chase approached them.

"Hello...how are you?" Chase asked Xavier, checking him out.

"I'm fine." Xavier frowned, looking bothered with Chase.

"And you?" Blaze asked, taking the place of Xavier, who happily moved out of the way.

"I didn't ask you to speak." Chase frowned.

"Neither did I. Come on, Blaze." Xavier rolled his eyes before pulling Blaze into the direction of the food. Just as they were getting their plates, they were approached by someone else.

"H-Hello.." Blaze and Xavier turned around to a shorter boy who seemed to be around their age. He looked shy.

"Good evening." Blaze said, nodding carefully.

"Hey, Jonathan! Don't hang out with these weirdos, come with us." Christian came out of nowhere and pulled the shorter boy over to where he and his siblings were. Xavier nearly growled in response and his fingers had clenched.

"Don't let it get to you, Xavier." Blaze whispered, handing Xavier the cake the other boy had been staring at.

Music started to play and most of the people in the ballroom started to dance.

"I'd ask you to dance but I know you wouldn't. Not here at least." Blaze said, smiling at Xavier.

"You're right." Xavier said ate his cake.

"Xavier! Blaze! Come join us." Nya said, dancing with Cameron.

Xavier rolled his eyes and mouthed 'no' to his sister.

Xavier wasn't stupid, he wasn't going to do anything the people of the kingdom wanted him to do. Especially not Nya.

"Come on, Xavier." Blaze said, taking Xavier out of the ballroom.

Xavier wanted to go outside. Where it was dark. Blaze eventually let him lead, following his feet.

Xavier found the garden and pulled Blaze over to it. "I'm cold." Xavier muttered and Blaze took off his jacket before he let Xavier wear it.

"Read me something." Xavier said, a frown still on his face.

"Alright." Blaze had a book appear and Xavier put his head on his friend's lap.