Chapter 18

During the next morning, Adam woke up first and decided to walk around a little.

Suddenly, a voice spoke to him in his mind.

"Jesse liked the attention you gave him, that's why he's looking for you and if he catches you, he'll never let you go."

"But he likes Prince Christian. No point in having a one-sided love anymore." Adam muttered before kicking a rock and a large, purple snake slithered towards him.

"And how do you know for sure?" Adam froze, hearing a familiar voice.

The snake had transformed into a human and stood behind Adam. "Just the way he looks at Prince Christian, he was always so happy seeing him. I'd never have a chance." Hands covered Adam's eyes and Adam realized what was going on, tensing up quickly. 

"Maybe if you confessed, I could've accepted them but you ran away." Adam jumped away from Jesse and was about to use his fire. "Do calm down, Adam. I just want to talk." "Are all of you here?! Did you follow us?" Jesse walked up to Adam and poked his nose. "Calm down, Adam." Adam shut his mouth and stared at Jesse. They were so close to kissing each other and Adam imagined it many times.

"Jesse?! Get away from my brother!" Ava stormed over and made her fire erupt.

"If you attack me and a fire starts, I'll make it seem like you did it and that wouldn't make Nya or Jane happy, would it?" Jesse asked, trying to intimidate Ava.

Adam pulled away from Jesse and grabbed his arm to make the purple-haired male look at him.

"What do you want?" Adam asked, seriously.

"You, of course." Jesse smiled.

"Then take me then."

"Adam-" "Ava. Let me do this please, don't try to come save me."

"What are you saying? Y-You're my brother."

"I know, but it's not like I'll be gone forever, I'll figure a way to see you and your friends again. Be strong for them, okay?" Adam smiled at his sister. Ava hugged her brother and tried not to cry.

Adam and Jesse disappeared from the help of a spell, leaving Ava to cry. Jane found her a bit later and comforted her.

"Mm, what's wrong, my big baby?"

"S-Shut up, Jane." Ava tried not to laugh. Ava eventually stopped crying and Jane was able to wipe her face.

"Where's Adam?"

"Jesse."

"Huh?"

"Jesse came. I don't know how...but Adam willingly left with him because Jesse threatened me."

"What was the threat?"

"If I used my power and a fire started, Jesse would make it look like I did it, and that would make you and Nya unhappy with me."