Chapter 26

"There's something wrong, Xavier."

"I know, Blaze. I'm trying to figure out what." Xavier sighed and Nya walked over to them.

"I-I think I know." Xavier got off the big boulder he was leaning on and looked at his sister. "Xavier...after N-Norah was born Mom couldn't have any more children so..." Xavier's eyes widened and almost stumbled.

"No."

"Xavier. There was still...some left inside of him."

"No." Ava and Jane came over and Jane looked sad.

"T-There's something I need to show you both." Jane murmured. Xavier and Nya looked at her.

"Yeah?" Jane nodded.

"Right now?"

"That would be best…" Xavier looked at his sister and she slowly nodded.

Jane made them see what she saw from Nathaniel's mind and Xavier got out of it first, already on his feet, his face filled with disgust, anger and sadness. He ran out of the tent and rushed to one of the lakes to vomit. He started to cry after he was done and Blaze quickly found him, having raced after him. Blaze let Xavier sit in his lap and cry himself to sleep. Blaze washed Xavier up, took him back home, and got him in new clothes before laying him down to sleep in their tent. 

Blaze went to his parents' tent and Blarza put Norah in his arms.

"Is Xavier alright?" Blarza asked, unsurely.

"He's asleep right now. I'm going to fix dinner for him because that's when he'll wake up." Blaze said and his mother nodded.

"There's no word from Xander yet, your father is stressing about it."

"I hope he comes back soon. Xavier might break."

Blaze and the blue-haired twins fixed dinner for everyone but it was a quiet dinner. Xavier woke up just in time but he was quiet and just leaned on Blaze as he  remembered what his father told him.

Blaze played with Xavier's hair after he finished eating and Xavier woke up to look up at Blaze who was reading.
Xavier stared at Blaze for a moment before raising up and looking at his sister and her friends. They were quiet. Norah was sleeping and Blaze's parents had gone to bed. Jade and Jonathan yawned. "Night night." Jane said, and helped Nya up.

"Good night, Xavier."

"Night, Nya." Everyone stood up and the girls took Norah while Xavier put  the fire out. Blaze picked him up and walked to the tent.

"I miss Dad, Blaze."

"I know."

Blaze went to sleep and Xavier just curled up next to him and started to dream.

"Xavier." Xavier jumped hearing his father's voice and raised up.

"D-Dad?" Xavier got up and out of the tent. He saw his father and ran to him. "Dad!" Xander smiled a little and let Xavier tackle him. Xander hugged his son, holding him tightly. Xavier suddenly pulled away and looked up at Xander, horrified. "Dad...you said...something was wrong...and I-I..." Xavier tried not to tear up and gulped, looking down. Xander patted Xavier's head.

"You did nothing wrong. It wasn't your fault. Obviously, I wasn't enough and Nathaniel wanted more. That has nothing to do with you. I knew Xavier but I couldn't bring myself to tell you. You and Nya love him very much and I don't believe you would choose. Norah is only a year old and is so very excited. I don't know why he'd do that to you three."

"Dad...he did it first. He decided to do it. He had a choice. All this time...I've been loving a liar. He doesn't love us anymore. I don't know what we did but he just..."

"It's alright, Xavier. I'm just happy you're not burning everything."

"Are you angry?"

"I'm feeling a lot of things right now, but it's going to be just fine."

"How?"

"Well, I'll be coming back soon to see everyone."

"Really?"

"Yes. I don't think I'm coming back for Nathaniel but I will be coming back to see you all again."