Chapter 20

Xander and Blaze were ready to protect their family but Xander saw Nya appear on the grass in front of them.

Both men stood down and Xander was stunned as his daughter ran to him. Blaze slowly looked at his friend and he made a move to where Nya's friends were trapped with rocks that came from the ground.

"No, they're my friends!" Nya told Blade and Xander nodded so Blade let the group go. Nya hugged her father and he hugged back.

"I will tell the family." Blaze said with a serious look on his face and Xander nodded.

Back at the camp, Nathaniel had told Xavier something that had his son nearly freak out.

"What?!" Xavier raised his voice.

Nathaniel and Blaze felt the anger that was in Xavier and all Blaze could do was hold his hand.

"I need to go." Xavier muttered, and turned away. Blaze took a step, but Xavier stopped him. "Maybe...this time by myself?"

Blaze slowly nodded, letting him go and Xavier brushed against him before running away.

Nya and her friends eventually arrived at the camp. Nathaniel and Xander were very excited to have their daughter again. Blaze was hiding on his own, taking care of Norah. Blade and Blarza were on their own, letting the family be.

Blaze had just finished changing the baby's diaper when he realized someone was approaching. He was quiet and tense as he cradled Norah in his arms.

The person came into the tent and Blaze immediately went on the defensive.

"Who are you?"

Ava quickly put her hands up in surrender. "Um. I'm lost. I just- I was looking for the restroom."

Blaze glared at Ava before leaving the tent with Norah in his arms.

With Xavier, he was still attempting to get himself together. "Let it all out." Xavier repeated Blaze's words to himself, throwing fire everywhere until he calmed down and all he could think about was the fire inside of him. He smiled to himself and got up. He was able to make fire by himself and was now able to control it easily. "Now I just breathe..and forgive my sister." He smiled and started to fly back to the camp.