Someone Like You {44}

I went straight to bed and fell asleep, my eyelids felt like they weighed a million pounds. I woke up around 1:30am, and I could hear some noises coming from the TV. I slowly sat up and saw that Derek, Caleb, Trina and Holly were watching some scary movie, and I was laughing quietly, because they looked so freaked out. I had to mess with them. I waited until the scene was all silent. Then, I snuck behind the comfy chair, and...

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I gave loud shriek, and they all jumped out of their seats.

"Holy shit! Dakota, was that you?!" shouts Caleb.

"Yeah...Am I great or what?" I said, laughing.

"Dakota?!" Trina said, breathing hard.

"Hahaha! You should've seen your faces!" I said, literally rolling on the floor, cracking up.

"That was not cool!" Derek said, chuckling.

"Sorry! I had to do it!" I said, giggling.

"You are so gonna get it!" Caleb said, and started tickling me.

"Caleb! stop!" I said, laughing.

"Come here!" he said, and hugged me.

"Okay, okay." I said.

"You really did get me there, Koda." says Derek.

"You know you love me." I said, sweetly.

"Actually, I don't." he said, smirking. I threw my pillow at him as he threw it back when he caught it.

"I think I died a little in the inside." says Holly.

"I'm sorry." I said, laughing.

Derek stops the film and lays down, "I'm gonna go to bed. What time is it?"

"1:34." I replied.

"Damn." he says and stands up and stretches his arms, "Well, I'm going to get some Z's. Night guys." And he walks out.

"I'm gonna go to bed too." says Trina and walks out of my room also.

"What about you, Caleb?" I asked.

"I'll spend the night here. I'm too lazy to go to my room." he said.

"Okay." I said as he climbs into my bed with me.

"Wait, Caleb, you can stay in here. But no sex." says Holly as she goes on her bed.

"No promises." says Caleb, smirking.

"Calebbbb." whines Holly.

"Fine." he said.

"Night, Holly!" I said.

"Night, Dakota and Caleb!" she replies and goes under her covers.

"I'm not tired anymore..." I whispered.

"That's because you took a nap." he replied.

"I know. Are you?" I asked.

"Kinda. I'm more of a night owl so I don't sleep that much." he said.

"Oh really?" I said and cuddled with him.

"......Okay, I'm going to sleep. I was wrong, I am tired actually." he said.

"Haha, I knew it." I said.

"Night, South Dakota." he said and closes his eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I got a letter from my parents as soon as I woke up. I wish they would email me instead but I do love letters, so old fashioned and cute. Holly and Caleb watches me as I opened the envelope. I took the letter out and unfolded it. I then looked at Holly and Caleb, "Do you want me to read it out loud?"

"You don't have to. Letters from parents are sometimes private." replies Holly.

"Can I read it to myself first?" I asked.

"Go ahead." says Caleb. I sat on my bed and started reading.

Dear Dakota,

It's been a couple weeks now since you left. Your father and I miss you very much and is hoping that you like your new school. Fortunately, your father's manager from back in New Jersey, hired him again. You can finally come back to New Jersey like you always wanted to ever since we moved here! You probably have made new friends there and I feel your pain about leaving them. It is your choice to come back with us to New Jersey or stay there. Please call us when you finish reading this letter.

Lots of love from your parents

I put the letter down and sighed. Happy and sad at the same time. Those emotions are stirring inside of me that it's making me feel awkward and wierd. I looked at Holly and Caleb, waiting for me to talk.

"Are you okay, Dakota?" asks Holly.

"Um...yeah. Kinda sorta." I said, quietly.

"What did the letter say?" asks Caleb.

"My dad got his job back in New Jersey." I started.

"That's great!" she said.

"I know but they asked me if I wanna go back to New Jersey with them." I said.

Caleb and Holly looked at eachother and back at me, shocked.

"Wait, what?" he says.

"What should I do guys? Here or my hometown that I always loved." I said.

"This might sound really cheesey but follow your heart. It's your choice." she says.

"I'm not sure..." I replied, "I really do wanna go back to NJ but I want to stay here. With all my new friends and my brother."

"Oh Dakota..." says Holly and hugs me.

"I need to call my parents." I said and picked up my phone. I dialed my parents and waited.

"Dakota?" I heard my mom answer.

"Hi, I got your letter." I said.

"You did? That's great. So, what do you think? Do you wanna come back with us?" she asks.

"Can I have some time to think about it?" I said.

"Of course, honey. Take your time." she said.

"Thanks. I'll call you back tomorrow or so to tell you my final decision." I said.

"Alright." she replies.

"Well, I'll call tomorrow. Bye mom." I said.

"Bye. I love you." she said.

"I love you too." I said and hung up.

"Tomorrow?" asks Caleb.

"Yeah...tomorrow." I said, softly.