Someone Like You {9}

"Derek?!" I shouted in shock.

"'Sup Koda." says Derek.

"Don't 'sup' me! What are you doing here?" I said.

"Remember you told me to talk to mom and dad about 'you know what'? Well, let's just say it didn't go well and dad kicked me out." he said.

"What?!" I screamed, "Why are you here?"

"I said, dad kicked me out of the house." he said.

"No, not that! I meant, why are you here at West Seaside Academy?" I said.

"To visit you..." he said. I gave him the 'look'. I know he's hiding something.

"Ok fine. I'm gonna call my college tomorrow that I'm not going anymore. I'll disguise myself as a high schooler and I told the people here if I could attend. And they said yes!" he said.

"But you're 19! You can't attend here!" I said.

"I told them that I was 18. A senior." he said.

"What were you thinking!?" I shouted.

"Since dad kicked me out of the house, where should I go? Koda, this is the only place where I can still learn, stay and be with you." he said.

"Ew be with me? And about our neighbor, does she know about this?" I asked.

"Yeah, she knows about it." he said.

"Ugh. I give up!" I said.

"Wow, drama." said Caleb.

"Just, come in!" I said, letting him in the room. He walks in and looks around, "Nice place."

"Don't touch anything." I said.

"So this is your brother, huh? He's cute." says Holly.

"Thanks." said Derek, smiling at Holly. Holly blushed and smiled back.

"'Sup dude." said Caleb.

"Hey." said Derek. They both do a guy handshake and Derek suddenly smirks at me.

"Koda, I didn't know you had a boyfriend!" he said.

"He's not my boyfriend!" I shouted.

"Yet." added Holly.

"Holly!" I shouted at her.

"What?!" she says, smiling, "You'll never know."

"So you two are not going out?" asks Derek.

"Yes." I said.

"Hey, Dakota. Why does he call you Koda?" asks Holly.

"He 'shortened' it." I said, air quoting the word "shortened".

"That's wierd." she said. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Do you have another brother who has a pregnant girlfriend?" jokes Caleb.

"No." I said, "I only have 1." I went to the door and opened it. There, standing, smiling at me was...