Someone Like You {11}

To get all of the craziness away from me for a while, we all decided to order Chinese food for dinner and chill.

"You got your girlfriend pregnant?!" shouts Trina.

"Yeah..." says Derek, quietly.

"Since when?!" asks Lacey.

"Since this morning." he says, sadly.

"How old is she? What's her name?" asks Caleb. I slapped him on the shoulder and glared at him. (Oooooh. Jealous much?)

"She's 18 and her name's Hayden." said Derek.

"What school?" says Caleb. I slapped him on the shoulder again.

"Ow...why?!" said, Caleb asking me. I shrugged and glared at him once again.

"Um...well...you know...a school." says Derek.

"Spit it out Derek. You're hiding something from us." I said.

"She...she goes to this school." he said.

"She does?! Why didn't you tell me?! I could've talked to her you know!" I shouted.

"Well, yea but..." he said.

"But what?" asks Trina.

"It's nothing. And besides, it's none of your business. It's my problem. I shouldn't let you guys get involved with this." he said.

"You asked me to help you, Derek. And now, you're telling me not to get involved?" I said.

"Sorry." apologizes Derek.

"Hello? Food delivery!" calls out a voice behind the door.

"I'll get it." said Lacey, opening the door, "But I'm not paying."

"Fine. I will. Be grateful guys." says Trina, walking to the door.

"Thanks!" I said.

"Sure, it's none of our business but we should help. Whenever you need us, we'll be here." says Holly.

"Thanks. I should head over to my room." says Derek.

"But what about dinner?" asks Trina, closing the door with a bag full of Chinese food.

"I'll pass. 'Night guys." he says.

"I ain't leavin'! It's dinner time!" says Caleb, digging in to the orange chicken.

"Night!" we all say. As Holly grabs the food out of the bag, Trina elbows me, "Is he your boyfriend, Dakota? He's pretty cute."

"What?! Hell no!" I screamed.

"Do you like him?" asks Trina.

"No! No!" I said, panicking.

"Are you sure?" asks Lacey.

"Yes, I'm sure!" I said.

"Sure about what?" asks Caleb with a mouth full of food.

"Nothing! Gawd!" I shouted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at home...

"Adam! I can't believe you kicked our own son out!" whispers mom. (Adam is the dad's name.)

"I know, I know! Just be quiet and go to bed!" says dad, angrily.

"Honey, this is serious!" says mom. Dad just ignored and pretended that he was sleeping.

"We know he got his girlfriend pregnant which is terrible but...we have to forgive him!" she said. He ignored again and mom just sighed.

"Fine. Be like that!" mummbles mom as she crawls under the sheets, "You're pressuring the whole family! You were the one who think Dakota should attend the boarding school but she doesn't. And Derek. Forgive him! You should understand what Dakota and Derek's feeling!"