Someone Like You {20}

After the shocking news about my ex-boyfriend, Drew, 6th period was over.

"I'm back! Who missed me?!" asks Holly, joyfully as she walks into the room.

"Hey, Holly. I missed you. I got bored for 40 minutes so I was lonely. Thank gawd you're back!" I said, hugging her.

"I missed you too, Dakota." said Holly, hugging back. I let go of her and sat on my chair.

"Why do I smell pizza?" she asks, sniffing around the room.

"I ordered pizza 'cause I was getting hungry. 1 chicken wrap is not enough." I said.

"Then I'll buy 2 next time for you." she said.

"Hooray!" I said, cheerfully, "Hey Holly?"

"Yes?" she replied.

"Something horrible happened while you were gone." I said.

"What happened? Oh my gawd. You got your period?" she said, surprised.

"What? No!" I said, hitting her playfully.

"Ok ok. What really happened?" she said, laughing.

"My ex-boyfriend came back." I said, looking down sadly.

"What?! No way." she said.

"Yes way. He works here at the pizza delivery place." I said.

"That sucks. If he breaks your heart or anything to hurt you, I'll beat him up. Trust me. My mom once made me take karate so I can kick anyone's ass!" she said, kicking the air like a karate sensei.

"Thanks." I said, smiling.

"Hey, baby! Did you miss me?" says Caleb, walking in my room.

"Yeah I did. The whole entire 40 minutes was so boring!" I said, hugging him.

"I got a present from Ms. Clark. A detention." he said. I pecked him on the cheek and hugged him again, "You badboy."

"Too bad we have to leave for 7th period. 2 more periods to go and we're free!" said Holly, grabbing a binder.

"Awwww." I said, letting Caleb go. Holly nudges me on the shoulder and grins at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Tell him." she said.

"Tell me what?" asks Caleb, looking at me and Holly, suspiciously.

"Um...well." I started out, "While you were in class. Something unexpected happened."

"Did you get pregnant? Oh Dakota. We didn't even 'do it' yet and you got pregnant?" he said.

"No. I'm not pregnant!" I said, hitting him on the arm playfully, "My...my..."

"Your what?" he asks.

"Go on Dakota. Be a big girl." says Holly.

"My ex-boyfriend's back and he wants to meet you." I said.

"Your what's back?" shouts Caleb.

"Her ex-boyfriend." she replies.

"I heard that." he said, "Why is he here?"

"He got a job here at the pizza place. Now, everytime we order pizza, we'll run into him. Anyway, he wants me back and wants to meet you in person." I explained.

"Wait, which ex? You told me you dated 5 thousand boys." says Holly.

"Drew. Trina's brother." I said, softly, "My used-to-be-on-and-off boyfriend."

"Oh shit..." she said, "That's bad."

"Ya think?" I said.

"I'll go talk to him." said Caleb.

"But what about class?" asks Holly.

"I'll skip it. Tell Mr. Moore that I threw up and had to go to the nurse." Caleb tells Holly.

"You don't have to, Caleb. I know Drew. He can be violent at times. If you get him mad, he'll hurt you." I said.

"I'll be fine." he said and walks out the door.

"Will he?" asks Holly. I shrugged and watched him walk down the hallway, nervously.