Someone Like You {25}

When I got back to my room, I jumped onto my bed and started crying on my pillow. Today is the worst day ever! Since I was busy crying, I didn't hear the door open and slowly close. I looked up and saw Holly, walking towards me.

"Are you okay? I know it's tough to watch your ex and your boyfriend fighting in front of you. I can tell they both really care about you." she said, sitting next to me.

"I'm fine. Where's Caleb?" I said, wiping my tears with my hand.

"The nurse is taking care of his cuts and bruises right now." she said.

"Ok...where's Drew?" I asked.

"I don't know. He probably went back to work or left to go home." she replies.

"Oh." I said, looking down.

"Are you sure you're okay?" she asks me.

"I'm sure. I just want to take a nap right now. I want to forget about what happened 10 minutes ago." I said, lying down on my back.

"Ok. Have a nice nap." she says, standing up and walking out the door. I went under the covers, closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep. In my sleep, I dreamed. I was in my room in my old house in New Jersey somehow. I looked and walked around. My bed, my furniture, all of my stuff are in place. How? I sat on my old bed and looked at it. Home sweet home. Suddenly, my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket and answered, "Hello?"

"Dakota?" says a familiar voice.

"Yeah, who is this?" I asked.

"What do you mean 'who is this'?. It's me, Drew." says the voice.

"Drew?!" I screamed. What? How? Why?

"Yeah. Can you come over? Trina's not here and so's my parents. We can just hang out. Have dinner together, watch a movie." he said.

"Um...I dunno." I said, confused.

"C'mon. Just you and me. Alone." he said.

"I...sure." I replied. What did I just say?!

"Great! I'll see you later!" he said and then hanging up. Oh great. I walked downstairs and tiptoed behind the couch where my parents are watching TV. Even my old living room looks real. Too bad it's not. My old home doesn't even exist anymore.

"Dakota? Where do you think you're going?" asks my dad, looking at me.

"I'm going to Drew's. If that's ok. He asked me if I could have dinner with him tonight." I said.

"Drew? That boy you're going out with?" asks my dad. Wait, what did he just say? We're going out? What about Caleb? Where is he?

"Yeah." I replied, acting normal.

"Of course. You two have fun." says my mom.

"Um, ok. Bye...I guess." I said, opening the front door. I walked outside and walked towards Drew's house. I remember it was only a block away so it's not that far. When I got to his front door, I rang the bell. The door opens, revealing Drew, smiling at me.

"Hey. You're here!" he said, pulling me into a hug.

"Yeah. I'm here. In New Jersey." I said, awkwardly.

"You ok?" he asks me, letting me go.

"I'm fine." I said. He gives me a wierd look and then lets me in. I walked into his kitchen and then into his living room.

"I ordered Chinese food just about 5 minutes ago so our dinner will be here by 6:30." he says, "Wanna watch a movie while we wait?"

"Sure. Ok." I said. We sat down surprisingly, next to each other. Drew pops in a DVD in the DVD player. He puts his arm around me and the movie started to play. This is the wierdest dream ever.

When the movie got into the middle of it, I glanced at Drew who was watching the movie, seriously. I couldn't help but to smile a little. I can't believe I broke up with him a year ago. He used to be so kind and now, he's annoying and just....annoying! Yes, I said annoying twice. I rested my head on his shoulder. He looks at me and kisses my head.

"I love you, Dakota." he said, pulling me closer. I opened my mouth to say something, but he kissed me so fast, that I could barely let a gasp out. We continued what started, but right then, the door opened, and someone walked in.

"Dakota?! How could you?! I thought you were my girlfriend?!" shouts someone. We both pulled away and looked at the front door. There standing was.......Caleb?! I stood up and walked towards him, "Caleb? What are you----"

"Dakota! I can't believe you would do this to me! That's it..." he said. He turned around to face the front the door, "We're done." When he was about to open the door, a bullet hits him on the back. He falls on the ground and I ran towards him, "Caleb?!"

"See what he just did to you, Dakota? That's proof that you're better off with me." says Drew. I faced him and saw him holding...a gun?!

"Drew...why?" I said, tears started to pour down my cheeks. He shoots Caleb again and again.

"Drew! Stop! Please!" I said, holding onto Caleb, tightly, "Why?"

"I had to Dakota. I had to." he said.

I stared in shock and suddenly, everything went all black.