Someone Like You {40}

When we got to Trina's mansion, we walked inside with all of our stuff. We threw them on the couch and headed in the kitchen.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked.

"We should split up. That way, we can find stuff easily." said Trina.

"Cool, so where should I go?" asks Caleb.

"You can go down to the basement. Drew sometimes, hangs in there so it might be suspicious." she said.

"Okay." he replied.

"I'll go look around the hang out room." she said.

"What's the hang out room?" he asks.

"It's a room where me, Trina and Drew used to hang out. It's a big room, like an extra living room." I answered.

"Oh, wow." he said.

"Do you wanna look in Drew's room, Dakota?" asks Trina.

"Sure." I said.

"Good. Okay, let's split up and find some evidence." she says and we both headed to our destination.

I made my way upstairs, towards Drew's bedroom. I walked in the room and started walking around, looking at stuff. It feels wierd walking around in his room. I haven't been in here ever since we went out.

I walked over to Drew's closet and opened the door. Of course, it's a walk in closet. I walked inside and looked up. There were boxes, piled on top of eachother which made me suspicious. I stepped on a big box full of shoes and reached for a couple of boxes. I grabbed them and walked out the closet.

I sat down on the carpet and placed my hands on the lid.

"Let's see what's in here..." I said to myself and opened the box.

The box was filled with all sorts of papers and journals. It would be pretty awkward if I found out that Drew writes diaries. I picked up a navy blue journal and opened it. There were pictures...of me? (Woah, stalkerish much?) I flipped a few more pages and spotted another picture of me and Drew, glued on a page. I closed the journal and picked up another one, but it was black this time. I opened it in a random page and something surprised me. There was a picture of me, but it was ripped in threes. I turned the page and there were red marks and splotches on a black page. I froze and then turned a few more pages. The red splotches got bigger and bigger, page by page until I stopped at the last page which was covered with sticky red liquid. I closed the journal, threw it back in the box and closed it. Those red "stuff"......was it blood?

I put the boxes back in the closet shelf and I walked towards Drew's bed. I bent down and looked under the bed. I spotted piles of dirty clothes and under that, I saw something peek out. I reached out and pulled it out. It was a box. How many boxes does he have?

I opened the lid and inside it was......a gun?! My eyes grew wide in shock.

"Oh...my...gawd..." I said, shocked. I closed the lid and carried the box downstairs.

"Hey, Dakota, didya find something?" asks Caleb as he closed the basement door.

"Yeah..." I said, softly.

"What's in there?" he asks me, looking at the box in my hands. I put the box down on the table and sat in front of it. Caleb sits next to me and looks at me.

"Open it..." I said.

"Okay...?" he said and opens the lid slowly. His eyes grew wide and looks at me, surprised.

"What the---" he said.

"Hey guys. Whatcha got there?" I heard Trina, walking towards us. She then stops walking. I could tell that she was looking at the box.

"That gun...was that in Drew's room?" she said.

I slowly nodded and stared at it, "Yeah, it was under the bed."

"Damn..." I heard Caleb mummble and when he was about to pick it up, I slapped his hands.

"Ow! Wha-what was that for?" he asks me.

"You shouldn't touch stuff that might be proof." I said.

"I'll go grab some plastic gloves." says Trina and heads towards the kitchen.