Someone Like You {8}

"You what?!" I screamed, making Holly and Lacey jump.

"What? What did he say?!" asks Holly.

"You heard me. What should I do?!" said Derek, his voice cracking.

"You slept with her...that's stupid!" I said.

"I am stupid! Oh gawd, what should I do?" he said.

"I dunno! I've never experienced this before! Tell mom and dad!" I said.

"They're gonna kill me if I tell them!" he shouts.

"There's no choice! Just tell them!" I said.

"I can't...I'll have to leave and live my life alone."

"What about college?"

"That too. My life is officially over. I'm going to give up college."

"You're such a retard! You think it's the end of the world already. Well, it's not. You know you'll get caught if someone finds out that you're skipping classes in college. Mom and dad will find out and it'll ruin your future career! Maybe even your whole life too! Get the hold of yourself Derek! Telling mom and dad is better than keeping it to yourself. Derek, this is serious! You're now a father to this baby your girlfriend's carrying!"

"Fine...I'll tell them."

"Good. Call me back later. Tell me if it goes well ok?"

"Ok, thanks Koda!"

I hung up and smiled. I'm such a good sister.

"Sooooo, I heard someone's pregnant. Who is it? What happened?" said Holly. Apparently, she was eavesdropping me and so was Lacey.

"Derek got his girlfriend pregnant. And his girlfriend is my neigbor. I told him to tell my parent's first. He didn't tell him which is stupid." I said.

"Good girl Dakota. Mission accomplished!" said Holly.

"Not yet. Derek...oh I know Derek. He's an idiot but I have to help him." I said.

"You're right and we'll be there when you need us." said Lacey.

"Thanks guys." I said.

"I can't believe we're going to go through this someday." said Holly.

"Well, if you do it with your boyfriend or husband, then you'll become pregnant." I said.

"How do you know about this kinda stuff anyway?" she asks.

"I'm a teenage girl. And so are you guys. We all know about this." I said.

"C'mon, let's change the subject! Pregnancy, sex, and those other wierd stuff is creeping me out!" says Lacey.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, you're brother's girlfriend's pregnant?" says Caleb. We were out in the hallway talking about Derek and his pregnant girlfriend. Why did Derek tell me about his situation? Since when did I become part of this?

"Yup...and I thought guys aren't aloud in the girl's hallway?" I said.

"I'm not so we're gonna go into your room." says Caleb, as he opens my room door.

"Caleb! No!" I said.

"Oh, yes." he said. He walks in and settles himself on the couch next to Holly.

"Um...hi?" says Holly.

"Hey." he said.

"Dakota?" she asks.

"His idea to barge in, ok?" I said.

"Ohhh." she said.

"So, when's your brother gonna call you back?" asks Caleb.

"I don't know. Maybe he forgot?" I said. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and there, standing was my brother.

"Hey, sis. What's going on?" says Derek.