Someone Like You {37}

Wednesday: Music Day

Well, what do you know. It's Music Day already. Everyone's all hyped up about today. Including me. Well.....sorta. Bands are going to show up today and our job is to sell as many tickets and refreshments as we can to win today's event.  

As I sat down on the cafeteria chair, I heavily yawned and rested my chin on the table. 

"I'm so tired..." I said, yawning again. 

"Me too." says Caleb, "Wanna skip today's event and sleep together?" 

"Shut up! I won't skip the event." I said as I punched him playfully on the shoulder. 

"I'm just asking." he said, smirking. 

"G'morning, Dakota. Had a nice sleep?" says Drew, sitting next to me. In his arms was Joey, wagging his tail. 

"Not really. I had to stay up to help decorate the Girl's Lounge and here too, the cafeteria." I said, petting Joey. 

"You did a nice job." he said, looking around. 

"Thanks." I said, smiling. He then looks at me and smiles back. He starts leaning in until Caleb interrupts. 

"Ah-hem." says Caleb as he glares at Drew. 

"Oh sorry. Forgot you were here." says Drew. 

"Thanks." says Caleb sarcastically, "My girlfriend is off limits. Don't do anything to her." 

"Chill man. I'm not going to do anything." says Drew. 

"You were about to kiss her in my face!" says Caleb. 

"Guys, I thought you two are finally friends. Don't start arguing again." I said. 

"Fine. I still don't trust him, though." says Caleb. I just sighed and rolled my eyes. 

Suddenly, I realized about something that I totally forgot about. I grabbed Drew's hand and pulled him up, "Drew, can I talk to you for a second?". 

"Sure." he says, smirking. He hands Joey to Caleb and follows me. Caleb glares at Drew as I lead him in the girl's hallway. 

"What do you wanna talk about?" asks Drew.  

"Something important." I said as I lead him in my room. I closed the door and sat on my bed. 

"Soooo..." he said, smiling. 

"I wanna talk to you about Caleb. Ready?" I said.  

Drew shrugs as he sits in a chair. 

"I had a dream last week, the day when you and Caleb had a big fight." I said. 

"What was it about?" he asks, playing with my stuff on my desk. 

"Well...in my dream, I was back in New Jersey and apparently, we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Anyway, you called me and invited me over. So, I went over to your place, watched a movie and while watching it...we sorta, kinda made out." I said. 

"Wow." he said. 

"Yeah. While we were making out, Caleb comes into your house and breaks up with me. When he was about to walk out of the house, he got shot on the back 3 times. And the person who shot him in my dream was...you." I said. 

"Me?" he said. I nodded and looked down. 

"Wha...woah. What kind of dream is that?" he said. 

"I dunno. After that, Holly wakes me up and tells me that Caleb got shot on the back...3 times. It scared me alot because it was all deja vu. Do you think you were...ya know..." 

"The one who shot him?" he said, finishing my sentence. 

"Yeah." I said, quietly. Drew sighs and stands up, "Fine. You got me. I was the one who shot him." I looked at him wide eyed as I stood, "You..." 

"Yeah. It was me, ok? Happy now?" he said. 

"How could I be happy? You shot Caleb...Drew, why would you do that?" I said. 

"I had to, Dakota. How can that guy be your boyfriend? He's no good." he said. 

"He is an amazing boyfriend! How could you say that?" I said, starting to tear up. 

"Ugh...whatever! Be happy that he didn't die." he said. 

"You selfish, arrogant bastard!" I shouted. 

"Yeah. I am." he said as he walks out of my room. 

"Don't make me call the police!" I said as I followed him. He stops walking and turns around. 

"Don't you need proof if you wanna tell this to the police? You have nothing, Dakota." he said. 

"What about your gun?" I asked. 

"My gun? Let's say I got rid of that." he said. 

"Where did you put it?" I asked. 

"I got rid of it okay?!" he shouts.  

"Tell me, Drew!" I said. 

"Dakota? Drew? Are you two okay? I heard shouting outside of my room." says Lacey, walking up to me. 

"We're fine. Right, Dakota?" says Drew as he smiles at me. 

"No we are not. Lacey, Drew is that one who shot Caleb." I said. 

"He what?!" she says, shocked, "Drew? Why and how could you do that?" 

"Dakota will explain it to you." he said, continuing to walk, "You ladies should go, you're gonna miss the announcement of today's event.". Drew walks away, leaving me and Lacey alone in the hallway. 

"Dakota...is it true that Drew was the one?" she asked. 

"Yeah. It is." I said, wiping my tears.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Drew did what now?!" shouts Trina. We were back in the cafeteria, still waiting for the announcement. 

"Yeah. He was the one. I wanted to tell you since you're his sister." I said. 

"That fucking son of a----"  

"Exactly." I said, cutting off Caleb. 

"I knew, we couldn't trust him. He nearly killed me!" he said. 

"So, what are we gonna do? Tell the police before he starts shooting other people?" asks Trina. 

"We don't have proof. If we tell the police now, they won't believe us since we don't have any kind of evidence." I said. 

"Damn it." says Caleb. 

"We could go back to New Jersey and search for evidence in our house, in Drew's room. When we find something like the gun that he used, we can give it to the police and have it checked." she says. 

"Not a bad idea." he said, smiling at me and Trina. 

"So, wanna try?" she asks. 

"Yes." I replied. 

"Good, let's leave first thing tomorrow morning. Got it?" she says. 

"Got it." Caleb and I both say at the same time.