Someone Like You {22}

Classes are finally over! Finally, I can hang out with Holly and maybe Caleb too if he sneaks out of his dorm and come to my room. Holly and I were just chilling out, watching TV with soda in our hands.

"I'm so glad classes are finally over. Lotsa homework!" says Holly, "You're lucky you don't have homework."

"But I need to catch up work after the 2 weeks are over." I groaned.

"True." she replies, taking a sip of her soda. As we continued to watch, an announcement interrupted.

"Dakota Ribbons, please report to the Dean's office. I repeat, Dakota Ribbons, please report to the Dean's office."

"Ugh. What did I do?" I said, getting up.

"In trouble?" she asks.

"I don't know. I didn't do anything." I said and sighed, "I gotta go."

"Bye." says Holly, sadly.

I walked out the door and walked to the Dean's office. When I got there, I opened the door and walked in.

"Hi, Mr. Holt. Am I in...trouble?" I asked Mr. Holt, "Whatever I did, I didn't do it."

"Are you sure? Why don't you ask Mr. Delacroix here?" he said, pointing at something behind me. I turned around and saw Caleb, sitting in a chair, looking bored.

"Hey, Dakota." he said, flashing a smile at me.

"Caleb? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I caught him in the girl's hallway, walking towards your room, Miss Ribbons." says Mr. Holt, getting up from his chair and walking around, "Isn't that right, Mr. Delacroix?"

I looked at Caleb as he slowly nods his head.

"Caleb?! You got caught?" I whispered.

"Sneaking out to meet your girlfriend is not acceptable, Mr. Delacroix. I must give you detention this week until Friday. Are we clear?" says Mr. Holt as he types in something on the computer.

"Sure. Fine." says Caleb, coldly.

"Very well then. Miss Ribbons. May you stay for a while?" asks Mr. Holt.

"Ok..." I said, softly.

"And Mr. Delacroix, you may leave now." he says, pointing his finger at the door. Caleb gets up and walks out the door.

"Miss Ribbons......" (Blah blah blah blah. Let's skip 'the speech'. To be honest, I'm waaaay too lazy to type it!)

After the talk with Mr. Holt, I ended up getting detention too but only today at 6. Oh Caleb, why did you have to get in trouble? When Mr. Holt finally told me to leave, I got up and left the room as quickly as I could. As I walked back to my room, Caleb catches up to me.

"You're mad at me, aren't you?" he asks.

"Sorta. Yes. But mostly on Mr. Holt. He's so unfair! Why do I have to get in trouble?!" I complained.

"And it's all my fault. First the date and now this." he said.

"Caleb, not this again." I said.

"It's true ok? I should be locked up in my room until 2 weeks later and getting the detention. Well, I did get detention but still! None of this is all your fault. It's mine." he said. I stared into his eyes for a second and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"What was that for?" he asks.

"I just wanted to do that. That's all." I said, smiling. He smiled back and kissed my cheek, "We better go back to our room. I'll see you at detention tonight."

"See ya." I said, as Caleb walks away.

When I got back to my room, I looked at Holly who was staring at me back.

"So. What happened?" she asks me.

"Caleb got caught by Mr. Holt. And I got detention because I was involved in this." I explained, grabbing a can of root beer from the mini fridge.

"Yikes. Caleb sure is a troublemaker." she replies, her eyes glued to the TV.

"Yup. I wish he would stop getting in trouble. It's sweet that he get's in trouble for me as in protecting me. But I don't want him to get in trouble alot." I said, sitting next to Holly in a bean bag chair, "I wish the 2 weeks will be over already!"

"Yeah. Lacey, Hayden, and Trina told me that they miss hanging out with you." she said.

"I miss them too." I said, sadly.