Someone Like You {38}

The next morning, it was time to leave for New Jersey...again.  

As I got out of bed at 6 in the morning, I slowly tip toed across the room to get to the door. When I was about to turn the doorknob, someone stops me. 

"Dakota? What are you doing this early? Class doesn't start 'til 7:30." says Holly, sitting on her bed, sleepily. 

"Um...I just woke up wide awake. Just getting something to drink, that's all." I lied. 

"We have a mini fridge though." she said. 

"I'm gonna get a smoothie." I lied, again. 

"Oh okay. See ya later, I guess." she said, laying back down. I sighed in relief and walked out the door. I made my way towards Caleb's room, first. I quietly knocked on the door and whispered, "Caleb? You awake?". Then, Caleb, only wearing his boxer shorts, opens the door and smiles at me. Tan...muscular...cute---Oh snap out of it, Dakota! 

"Hey, you're here!" he says. 

"Shhh! You don't wanna wake anyone up!" I said. 

"Oh right. Sorry." he said. I looked at him head to toe and gave him a wierd look. 

"What?" he asks. 

"You're only wearing your boxer shorts. Do you wear this every night when you go to bed?" I said. 

"Sometimes. When it's hot." he said. 

"Oh whatever. Go get dressed and let's go to Trina's room." I said. 

"K. Hold on." he said, closing the door. 

About a couple of minutes later, he opens the door with ripped jeans and a tshirt. 

"Let's go!" he said as he gets his bag and grabs my hand.  

When we got in front of Trina's room, I quietly knocked on the door. Trina opens the door, all dressed up. 

"Oh hey guys. You ready?" she asks us, grabbing her bags. 

"Yeah...oh wait. I need to get my bags!" I said, walking back to my room. 

As I opened my room door with my key, I slowly got my bags and walked back to Trina's room. 

"Ready, now?" she said. 

"Yup. All set." I said. 

"Wait, you gonna go to the airport like that?" says Caleb, eyeing my shorts and tshirt. 

"Yeah. It's not that cold outside and I can wear this in public." I said. 

"C'mon. Let's go before we get caught." says Trina as we all walk out of the Girl's hallway and into the main school entrance.  

"I kinda feel guilty about this." I said, nervously, "Remember we got in trouble last time we snuck out?" 

"Don't worry, we'll be safe. It's just 2 days." he said. 

"Right, 2 days." I said, taking a deep breath. 

When we walked out of the entrance, we walked to Caleb's car, put our bags in the back of the car, got in, and headed our way to the airport.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got to the airport, we did our "airport stuff" and waited for the plane to get ready.  

As I sat down on the chair in the waiting room, I glanced at Caleb who was sitting across from me and was half asleep. 

"Good thing he didn't fall asleep while driving." says Trina, sitting next to me. 

"Yeah." I said, giggling. 

"So, how's your relationship going?" she asks. 

"Good. Just like a normal relationship should be." I said, smiling as Caleb leans against his bags and falls asleep. 

"I wish I had a boyfriend." she said. 

"Do have any one you like in West Seaside yet?" I asked. 

"Yeah but he's your boyfriend..." she said. 

"Oh right...nevermind." I said, remembering what happened between Trina and Caleb, a couple of weeks ago. 

When the lady at the counter announced that the plane to New Jersey's gonna be boarding, we all grabbed our stuff.  

"Caleb! Let's go!" I said as I shook him on the shoulder.  

"Huh?" he asks sleepily, opening his eyes.  

"They called us. We're gonna get on the plane." I said. 

"Oh. Kay." he said, standing up and getting his bag. We gave the lady our ticket, walked through the tunnel thingy, and went inside the plane. When we found our seat, Caleb sat next to the window, I sat next to him, and Trina behind us.  

"We are so getting expelled for this." I said. 

"I know. But we have to turn Drew in for almost murdering me." says Caleb, putting his hand on top of mine. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder, "I love you." 

"I love you too." he whispers. 

"You two are so adorable. No wonder Holly and Lacey are all like 'oh my gawsh'." says Trina, behind us.  

"Thanks." he says. 

As the plane started moving and took off in the air, I sighed nervously and slowly drifted off into dream land.