Someone Like You {26}

"Dakota. Dakota? Dakota! Dakota! Wake up!" says someone in my ear. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Holly, looking at me.

"Holly? Holly...ugh. What's wrong?" I said, sitting up.

"Dakota! This is bad. This is really really bad! Caleb......he got shot." she said.

"Caleb got....shot? My dream. It's.......real?" I said, confused.

"Your dream? What? Nevermind. Anyway, Caleb got shot in the back 3 times. The ambulance just came and they're taking him to the hospital. C'mon!" she said, pulling me off the bed (Woah, talk about deja vu!). I stood up and we both ran to the school entrance.

"Dakota!" shouts Lacey, running towards me.

"Dakota Ribbons?" says a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Mrs. Woodson (Hey, remember her? If you don't, read chapter 3.)

"Mrs. Woodson. Is Caleb okay?" I said, starting to panic and worry.

"I'm not sure, honey. But I know he will, don't worry." she said.

"Koda? What happened?" says Derek, walking towards me.

"Derek." I said. I ran towards him and hugged him.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

"Caleb. He got shot. He's in the hospital." I said, starting to tear up.

"What?" he said, surprised. He looks at Holly and Lacey, "Do you know who shot him?"

"No. I was walking towards my room after I dropped him off at the nurse's office. Lacey told me that she visited him to see if he's okay and the nurse told her that he's fine. The nurse also told her that she's done mending Caleb's cuts and bruises." explains Holly.

"Caleb walked up to me and told me that he was fine and when I was about to text Dakota that he's okay, I heard a gunshot outside. I got scared so I ducked and closed my eyes. I heard 2 more gunshots and when I didn't hear anymore, I opened my eyes. And right in front of me was Caleb, on the ground with his back bleeding." says Lacey.

"Oh my goodness." says Mrs. Woodson, covering her mouth, in shock. I started to cry from the explanation and buried my face in Derek's chest.

"I can take you to the hospital if you want Dakota." he said, softly, "If that's ok with you, Mrs. Woodson."

"Of course. I will let the Principal and the Dean know and tell them that I'm giving you permission to go. You two girls may go too, if you like." said Mrs. Woodson. Holly and Lacey looks at eachother and nodds.

"Thank you, Mrs. Woodson." I said, pulling away from Derek. Mrs. Woodson smiles at me and rushes to the main office.

"Let's go." says Derek, leading me to his car, outside. We all hopped into Caleb's car as we drove off to the hospital.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got to the hospital, I ran inside along with my brother and my friends. I rushed to the counter and started to panic even more, "Where's Caleb? Is he okay? Is he alive?"

"Caleb? Do you mean Caleb Delacroix? The boy who came in just a minute ago? I don't know if he's alright sweetie. The doctors are doing whatever they can right now. If you can wait here in the waiting room, they will talk to you after." said the lady behind the counter. I nodded and sat in the chair in the waiting room. Derek sits next to me and hugs me.

"It'll be alright." he said as I started to cry again. Holly and Lacey both sat in front of me and looked at me, sadly.

"He'll be ok. Don't worry, Dakota." says Holly.

"Dakota?" says someone, walking into the waiting room. I looked up and saw Trina and Hayden, staring at me, worried.

"Is Caleb okay?" asks Trina.

"We don't know. The counter lady told us to wait and the doctor will talk to Dakota about Caleb." says Lacey. They both sat down and looked at me. (Sad, sad, very sad!) After an hour or two later, a doctor walks out of the emergency room and looks at me.

"Doctor! Is Caleb okay?" I said, standing up.

"Don't worry. We managed to get the bullets out, and he is totally fine. There was no extreme damage to anything, but he does need his rest." says the doctor. I sighed in relief and hugged Derek again.

"Thank you, doctor." says Derek.

"You may go into his room, now, if you like." says the doctor and leaves. I looked at my friends. They all nodded and smiled.

"You should go in first. After all, you are his girlfriend." says Lacey.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah. You can go in." says Trina.

"Okay. Thanks." I said and walked into the room. Caleb was shirtless, and all bandaged up. His eyes were closed, and he just looked so helpless. I took a seat by the hospital bed, and stared at him. Who shot him and why? What if it's Drew like in my dream? .........No. He would never do that. Would he? I laid my head on his chest, and listened to his heartbeat. I started to cry when I felt him stroking my hair. I looked up at him.

"Caleb?" I said.

"Hey South Dakota." said Caleb, weakly. I sighed in relief and hugged him.

"Thank gawd you're ok! I thought you were gonna die!" I said.

"I'm not going to die. Don't worry. And I won't leave you no matter what." he said, giving me a small smile.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really. I promise." he said.

"I love you." I said, softly.

"I love you too." he said and pulled me into a kiss.

"Now that's what I call true love." says someone at the door. We both pulled away and looked. Everyone was there, smiling at both of us.

"Cutest couple ever!" says Holly.

"I bet they're gonna be 'Best Couple of the Year' in the yearbook this year." says Lacey.

"You guys! Stop eavesdropping!" I said.

"Well, I can't help it." says Trina. I laughed and looked at Caleb who was smiling at me. I smiled back and hugged him once more.