ELEVEN

"Do you want to skip class?"

Taeyong sat beside Doyoung. It was P.E class. Students were running here and there. Some were sitting like them.

"What do you mean?"

"Come with me."

Taeyong dragged Doyoung by his hand.

"Excuse me. Mr. Wang."

The teacher turned to them as Taeyong spoke.

"Doyoung here has a terrible stomach ache. He was too shy to tell you and was sitting there in pain. If you would allow us, I could bring him to the nurse."

Taeyong showed his doe, glittery eyes as if he was trying to convince the teacher with aegyo.

"You could have told me earlier. You can go." The teacher sent them off and returned his focus on the students playing volleyball.

"You lied." Doyoung said more like asked as if he didn't see the scene with his own eyes.

"Doesn't matter you look like a sick person anyway."

Taeyong said with a smile to which Doyoung only shook his head.

"Let's go."

Taeyong pulled him and went inside the building.

"Where?" Doyoung let himself get pulled

"To the rooftop." Taeyong spoke and they went upstairs to the rooftop.

They took a seat at one corner where the ground isn't visible. So that noone can see them from where the P.E class was going on.

"If he finds out what will you do?" Doyoung asked as they took the seat.

"It's okay. Mr Wang is a nice person. He won't mind."

"I guess."

Both looked at the sky. It was summer so the sun was shining brightly and the sky was clear.

"What's wrong?" Taeyong asked still looking at the sky.

"What do you mean?"

"I know something is wrong with you. You try to keep it to yourself but you are zoning out in class. Even if you smile infront of us, I can see you are not happy."

Doyoung didn't spoke.

Taeyong turned to face Doyoung.

"Is it about your mother?"

A tear broke down from his eyes. He was trying hard to hold on it but couldn't.

Taeyong pulled him in a hug. Doyoung cried. His head in Taeyong's shoulder. Taeyong kept quiet stroking his back in circles to calm him down.

There was silence for a long time. Only the sound of sobs could be heard.

After a long time Doyoung pulled away from the hug. His head was still bowing down. He wiped his tears and took a breath in trying to control himself.

Taeyong rubbed his shoulder.

"The doctor told that there is no progress. They are about to pronounce he braindead."

Doyoung started crying again.

Taeyong didn't speak. Only pulled him in a hug.

"I know she was in coma for too long. I knew this day would come but I wasn't prepared. I just had a little hope that she would wake up. It's all my fault."

"Shh. It's not anyone's fault. You have to be strong at these times. You will be alright. We are here to support you."

Doyoung only cried.

Taeyong knew it was hard question but he wanted to be ready for Doyoung. So he asked. "When?"

Doyoung understood and spoke trying to calm himself.

"Dad is out of city for work. He will come back next week. Then after that he will sigh the required documents."

Doyoung still crying and Taeyong stroking his back. They stayed like this for a long time.

There was one class remaining after P.E but they missed it probably. But that wasn't the priority right now.

Taeyong was only worried for the boy in his arm. He wanted to cry as well but remained calm.

How do you like the story? It's going slowly because it's short. Leave comments if you have any complaints or you know compliments.😅😅 I hope you love the story.😁😁