SIXTEEN

It was math class. The teacher was teaching something he Jaehyun didn't care about. He wasn't bad at studying but these days he doesn't seem to put his focus on.

He looked at his bestfriend sleeping peacefully beside him. He smiled at the sight and went back to his thoughts looking outside the window.

Something was bothering him but he couldn't talk about it to anyone or so he thought.

"What are you thinking again?"

He snapped back to reality. He was so into thought he didn't realized the bell had rung and boy beside him had already woken up. The teacher had already left.

"Now only one class left and I can go home." Yuta spoke aa he yawned.

Jaehyun just nodded.

"But seriously what were you thinking about? You can tell me if something is bothering you." Yuta asked looking at him.

"It's nothing " Jaehyun tried to ignore the stare Yuta was giving him.

"You know thinking alone won't solve anything. If you have something in mind talk it out. If not me then someone else even though I am the best option." Yuta added a wink at the end of his words.

It was true. Yuta had been his bestfriend since middle school and he could talk to him. Despite this he thought that Yuta may not support his thought.

Soon next class begin as the teacher entered and Yuta put his head down to get another hour of nap.

Last class ended and as usual Yuta woke up with the bell. Jaehyun always wondered how he could wake up at bell to sleep again.

"Aren't you going home?" Yuta had already packed his bag and got up.

"Yes." He packed his bag and carried it as he got up.

He saw Taeyong and Doyoung moving from their seat.

"Yuta go ahead. I'll come."

"Okay. But come fast." Yuta left the class.

He went to the front and grabbed Taeyong's wrist.

"Wha..."

Taeyong and Doyoung both turn to face him.

"Can I talk with you?" Jaehyun spoke hesitantly.

"Talk." Taeyong spoke even though he didn't wanted to. He jerk his hand out of Jaehyun.

"Alone." Jaehyun  rubbed his nape as he looked down.

"Do you still have something to speak about?" Doyoung didn't like that boy after Taeyong story. He swore he could kill that boy anytime if necessary.

"Can you go ahead?" Taeyong said looking at Doyoung.

"What? Really"

"Please."

Doyoung was pisses but was sad as well. He rolled his eyes as he left.

"Speak now." Taeyong spoke as soon as Doyoung left. He crossed his hand in the chest.

Jaehyun was still looking at the ground.

"I'm sorry." He said in a quiet voice.

"For what?"

"For everything I did to you. I'm really sorry." Jaehyun looked at Taeyong now.

"Really? You think sorry can change anything now." Taeyong stopped his tears from falling. He would never  cry infront of this guy.

"I know it's late. I know I made a huge mistake. I bullied you without any reason. I should not have done that. But please believe me. I really am sorry."

Jaehyun looked him in his eyes as he spoke.

"You know how much I hated myself when you bullied me. I got afraid of people even more. I couldn't make friends because of you. I was all alone all the time. Even my parents don't know anything till now. I was depressed, lonely. It was so hard for me. I blamed myself even though non of this was my fault."

Taeyong couldn't control his tears anymore. Tears started to rolled more as he continued to wipe them.

"Please forgive me. I'm really sorry." Jaehyun voice showed desperation which Taeyong had never seen.

"Okay. Can you tell me why you did that?" Taeyong takes controlling himself  as he took long breath.

"I.." Jaehyun looked at the ground again hesitating to answer.

"Tell me the reason why I was miserable a whole year? Or was it just fun for you. Showing that you can do whatever you want." Taeyong said straightening his head.

"I liked you. I thought it was bad. People will be disgusted by me that I like a boy. I tried to make you miserable so that I can move from that feeling but all I got was hurt. I know I was selfish. I am really sorry. Please forgive me." Jaehyun drop on his knee infront of him.

"D-Do you really call that a reason to hurt someone? Can you really tell that as a excuse? Do you really think that you liked me? You don't hurt someone you like." The tears started rolling again.

"I know. I was an idiot. Please forgive me." Jaehyun looked at Taeyong face while kneeling. Tears were coming out of his eyes as well.

"You don't deserve a forgiveness."

With that Taeyong stormed out of the class. He went straight without looking anywhere. He wiped his tears before heading out of the building. He forced a smile and pretended nothing happen as he saw his friends.

Doyoung knew something wasn't right but he thought it was best not to ask.

Jaehyun controlled himself and got up.

He opened the door and saw a still shocked Yuta.

Yuta saw Jaehyun's face. His eyes were red from crying. He just stayed there asking nothing. He was still shocked after knowing his best friend's secret.

Yuta pulled him in a hug. Jaehyun didn't oppose.

They were in Jaehyun's house. Jaehyun didn't spoke anything for a while.

"I am really surprised to be honest." Yuta spoke trying to break the silence.

"I know."

"But you should have told me. I'm not homophobic. "

"I was just afraid. I thought people would hate me for that. Even you." Jaehyun rubbed his nape as he spoke in nervousness.

"Don't get mad at me but you were wrong for bullying Taeyong."

"I know that. You don't have to rub it in my face." Jaehyun rolled his eyes. He didn't wanted to hear that.

"I mean poor guy. Even I bullied him." Yuta led out a sigh.

"You know the worst part of all this is." Jaehyun spoke feeling tears in his eyes.

"What?"

"He used to like me." Tears rolled through his eyes.

"What?" This time Yuta sounded shock.

"Taeyong used to like me. And now he hates me." Jaehyun spoke as he cried.

Yuta rubbed his shoulder. "How did you know?"

"I heard him say to that Doyoung guy."

Yes, he may have followed Taeyong and Doyoung when they left to the rooftop. And he may have heard that all conversations.

Yuta didn't spoke. He let Jaehyun cry while he rubbed his shoulder.

Jaehyun cried as much as he could. Yuta had never saw him cry. They were friends from middle school but Jaehyun was a strong kid. Yuta was sad seeing his bestfriend cry but he couldn't do anything about that.

Thanks for reading. Please comment if you see any mistakes. I'll try to correct it as soon as possible. Love you all.😁😁