Chapter 21

The driving home today was surprisingly longer than my everyday self experience. Sike, everything about today felt so frustratingly slow. My tired body begging for recharge, begging for the softness of my blanket and I was unsure of how long I can still force myself to stay wakeful. The heavy weight on my fluttering eyelids was becoming unendurable but counting the amount of traffic lights and blue car did help to prevent my sleepiness from taking over. The accustomed 20-30 minutes to reach home felt like it was double or yet, quadruple. Whatever handle the clock today better stop playing before I pepper spray you!

“How are you still tired?” a soft almost devastatingly cute grin greeted my hearing. Bruh, I can’t even think straight right now. Refused to change my position ; my hand on the window rail with my chin on top of them and my eyes which passer-by could easily mistaken as blind; I responded with “Shhhh..” the same time Jungkook decided to attack me with  “No offense but you already ate all the M&N I bought you today. I thought chocolate-”

Whatever he wished to say, stopped midway when I shot him a pair of squinted eyes, daring him to continue his words but he didn’t. Instead, a full-blown giggle made itself known on his lips and seeing him doing that infuriated me more so, I sat straight on the seat and crossed my arms over my chest, my tongue poking my inner cheek.

“Awwww come on. You out of other people should know that It was just a damn joke.” A whine, okay let me be honest here, an adorable whine left his pouty lips and I hated myself to secretly squealed an internal aww. It hard to believe that I have a weakness for his endearing foolish pout. This extreme sleepiness be getting at me and I wasn’t being myself right now.

I couldn’t suppress a smothered yawn as they went out of my mouth, my hand lifted to cover them. Pair of chocolate-brown eyes managed to find mine for a split of second before the focus dropped upon the heavy traffic ahead us again, “Just sleep Scarl. I will wake you up when we reach home.” he told.

And it was all the encouragement I needed before I let myself being an obedient person to Jungkook.

I closed my eyes shut instantly.

But, along the way, I wasn’t sure if it was a part of my dream or not but in them, reality or illusion, a muffle of a deep husky voice which somehow soothe me deeper into my sleep, ringing my eardrums in a way that catalysed my way to my dreamland,

“I never wish to be someone else as much as now. What a fucking lucky douchebag.”

*
*
*

“What?’”

The annoying ringing of my phone was getting on my nerve and it intruded one of my best dream ; I was in a FREAKING CONCERT WITH MY BOYFRIEND! ; and of course this whoever should come and ruined everything, especially the face of my lovely boyfriend. I don’t remember how it look now!

“Open the door.” Oh so the intruder was my darn brother, Blake. “I forgot to bring keys with me. Now, get down of your bed and let me in- fuck! Don’t touch that! Why did you drink so much!?” I heard a muffle in the background, there was few shuffles and whispers before Blake called for me again. “Scarlet, come down now and open the door before he start kissing mom’s cactus!”

I heard a few more whisper-yells and soon, he hang up the phone. A heavy sigh left my mouth. I held the blanket and was ready to throw them off my body when I recalled myself falling asleep in Jungkook’s car last night. There was no memories of me getting picked up or put in bed by someone.

Did someone really tugged me to bed or I sleep-walking to my bed myself?

A furrow folded on my forehead and as much as I wanted to solve the mystery and just stayed in bed, there was someone downstairs who was seconds away from making out with my mom’s cactus and I genuinely worried.