Chapter 12

[P/s= Don't be a ghost reader and enjoy!]

The gut wrenching excitement along with nervousness took shelter in my stomach as I looked at the smooth road ahead of me. I didn't expect jungkook to open the door for me, but he did eventually and went to his side, sitting on the passenger seat. I hesitated for a moment to enter as I stared at his beautiful beast.

Do I want this? Can I win this race?

I let my eyes wandered around the crowd, trying to search for Taehyung but he was still nowhere to be found. I frowned at literally nobody since Taehyung was not there and sat on the driver seat, angrily might I say. But, the mad at Taehyung was immediately turned to a squeal of pure joy when I couldn't contain my excitement the moment I placed my hands on the steering wheel, "He's beautiful." I whispered as I turn the key. The engine roared to life and the vibration across my body sent my pulse into thrills.

"Get in your position racers!" I took in a very deep breath when the MC announced this, my hands were shaking when I slowly reverse the car into the position and I guess I was so obvious that even Jungkook had to snort at my reaction.

"Do you really know how to race or you're just saying that so you can sexualise my car?" with that coming out of Jungkook's mouth, I threw him a straight face, obviously uninterested. Now that he mentioned it, I felt like giving him another slap on the face. Glad that he didn't recognise me or else it would be so awkward for me to be in the same car as him.

"Ok then, if you really know how to race, prove it." he looked ahead as the smell of fuel and tires permeated my personal space, instantly reminding back to the day when Taehyung would bring me to the empty track just so I could practise my drift.

"Keep your eyes on the road. The roads are pretty wide and that will give a easy chance for that dickhead or you to drive past each other. You need to keep the speed going until you reach the first tunnel and after you cross it, there's a corner so slow down or we might crash, got it?" I nodded my head and the amount of adrenaline in my body was insane. I couldn't describe how fast my heart was beating or how my face was looking right now - with the way I puffed my cheeks due to me exhaling and inhaling rapidly and not to mention my pouty lips. I might look like a pig but thankfully Jungkook didn't left a comment on that instead, he said, "Seatbelt, brunette."

I quickly turned to pull the seatbelt and that was also when my eyes fell upon the very two pair of eyes I'd desperately wanted to see just now. Taehyung's mouth literally dropped when he saw me in this car. He was shouting something to me but due to our long gap, I couldn't catch it. I responded back, gesturing him that I couldn't hear him and he ran his hands over his head, stayed there, exposing his forehead and his face screamed nothing but disbelief.

"You know that doucebag?" hearing this coming from Jungkook's mouth, I turned to face him with a raised of an eyebrow. "Your boyfriend too?"

"None of your business." I buckled myself up and completely ignoring him. From the corner of my eyes, I could see a smirk took over his lips.

"Ready?" a girl in a bikini holding a white flag in her hand called out from the front. I took in one last deep breath and turned to Taehyung to nod at him which he replied with mouthing take care, drive safe. I nodded one last time and focused all my attention to the road in front of me.

The engine's rumble coursed through my body and stokes of exciment brewing in me.

"Go!" the MC shouted and that grabbed my undivided attention.

"Lead the race. That will help you grow your confidence." Taehyung's words played in my head.

Slamming against the gas, I revved up the engine and we took off speeding at the maximum speed. I peeked at them through the side mirror to see Yeonjun's car closely tailed behind us.