Chapter 39

'I wish among the other you had categorized me under those you will learn to trust.'

I have a hard time stopping the smile on my face. I hugged myself tighter as I aimlessly walked barefooted around the pool at the side of Jungkook's mansion. He had given me a peach colored hoodie with a pair of white short and ever since I had these clothes on, I couldn't help myself but to sniff, liking the comforting and familiar scent of these fabric. I will keep blaming that Nayeon who use the thick book to hit me and resulted in me behaving like this. I mean, just having Jungkook's hoodie on, been making me craving for the warmth of his body. I wish he was here willing to hug me in this cold night.

"I wonder how cuddle with him will feel like?" I mumbled to myself. Just the image of us cuddling made my face felt so warm and I had to bite my lips from smiling.

Oh god, was that book cursed??!

"Cuddle with who?" Even hearing his voice was enough to make the hair on my arms stood upright and I mentally hit myself when I even had to flinch in surprise.

I turned to face the him who had also changed to a clean oversized shirt with pair of black shorts, and I found myself gulping at the sight of his messy just-showered hair. His level of good looking is out of this world.

The thick book!

"The shark plushie I saw in your room." I lied.

Jungkook giggled at my answer and stood right beside me, "That's the gift I got from Anna. Sorry but I can't let you cuddle with Mr.SirPounce."

I turned facing him and raised my eyebrows, "Mr. SirPounce? Did Anna also name the shark just like she named your car Elise?"

A small smile lingered on his face. " Leave it to her to ruin my cool image."

Looking at him smiling like that just remembering his adopted little sister warmed my heart. I cleared my throat and joked. "Who the heck dares lied to you?"

He turned to me, confused. "Huh?"

"Which part of you is cool?" I asked, face completely curious.

"Hey! You're hurting my man pride." He sulked and my eyes by itself glanced towards his pouting lips. "So, did you inform your mom that you're staying with me tonight?"

"Yeah," I cringed remembering how happy my mom was when she learnt about me staying in Jungkook's house. I used the study-for-final as an excuse and she didn't even wait for me to finish giving my excuses to get her permission. After what happened in New Zealand, my mother seemed a bit more open-minded and she had stopped restricting my life. I was so thankful for that. "After this bruise on my face are gone, I'll return home."

Thank god when Seulhi punched me earlier with her ring on, it only lead to a small graze and not doing anymore damage. I can't even imagine how long I'll need to stay away from my family until all those scars are completely healed if her ring did scar me.

"Yugyeom called me earlier." Jungkook said and went to sit down on the wide, flat floats in the pool. My eyes followed him.

Jungkook must have seen the excitement on my face when a wide smile took over his face as he patted the space beside him, asking me to sit there. "I know you want to join me Scarl."

I rolled my eyes but still wanting to join anyway. I had never stay on the floats at night. I've always loved stargazing and just seeing Jungkook on it excited me.

"Your hand." I said, trying to act nonchalant despite how embarrassing it was to let him know that I worried I would lose my balance if I just stepped on without holding anything for supports.