Once An Arrogant Jock, Forever One:Chapter 20

Marko's P.O.V

It had been a couple of weeks since Ale had broken up with me. 27 days 13 hours and a couple of minutes to be exact, but who's counting right? I looked like a wreck and I didn't feel so good either.

I was so confused, how did my very first long-term relationship end up like this? It's not like I did anything to her. I loved her, heck I still do. Of course though, there is nothing left to do about it.

I felt dead as I walked through the hallways I had once ruled. Girls threw themselves at me, but now they completely stopped trying. The one person I could trust was William, but even he had given up somewhat after realizing I would never get over Ale.

"Marko! What's up, man?"

"Oh hey Will," I replied in monotone.

"Alright, you know what? I gave you a couple of weeks to get over Ale, but enough is enough. If you want her back, then do something about it. Stop acting like an 80 year-old man who has no chance of finding anyone at that age."

I remained quiet for a couple of seconds, but I couldn't be serious anymore. I began laughing like a maniac.

"An 80 year-old man? Really? You're such an idiot!"

"I needed to make you laugh somehow, right? Hey, you're my best friend. I'll always be here for you."

I smiled and gave him a pat on the back. He really is my best friend.

He smiled back and spoke. "Her party is this Friday. You have two days to fix things. Better fix them, got it?"

I nodded and smiled. Yes, in two days I would have her back. Two days until happiness.

He walked away leaving me sitting on a bench with a smile on my face for the first time in quite a while.

Now, it was time to create the greatest plan ever. It will work. That, I promise.

*Friday*

Finally. Her birthday is finally here. I think I'm more excited than she is. As I walked into my first class I saw her and Nikki sitting in the back of the classroom giggling before class started.

That smile of hers made my heart skip a beat and my lips curve upward into a loving smile.

She glanced at me, and for once, her smile didn't turn into a frown.

I smiled back and looked away. I was ready for tonight.

*Friday Night*

As I got ready dressing up for the party, I also prepared myself mentally. My nerves were eating me up, but I was ready for Ale's surprise.

I sprayed some cologne, the one she had given me for my birthday. Now, I was ready.

I left the house in a rush and drove away, listening to songs that pumped me up. By the time I arrived to Ale's house, it seemed like the whole school was there. The music was blaring loudly and the scene was amazing.

It was by far the best party I had seen in a while. I parked my car and walked towards the entrance. I admired my surroundings as I saw people beginning to stare.

At this point, I couldn't care less about these people. All I wanted was to reach Ale and make her happy.

I entered the house and instantly spotted Ale. She was talking to the DJ, giving him instructions.

I took a deep breath and made my way to the stage set up in the middle of the party. I was ready for her surprise. As ready as I have ever been.

-------------//-------------

A/N:

Hey guys! I know I probably lost all the readers I had, but I finally updated. Hopefully some of you are still with me because the story will get exciting I promise. I also know it's short and I skipped some time, but I wanted to get another chapter out ASAP. Well I have a picture of Marko on the side(getting ready for the party) Have fun!(;