Once An Arrogant Jock, Forever One:Chapter 6

Ale's P.O.V

It's been a couple of days since my lunch date with Sam. The next day for lunch I took him to my friends' table and they all gladly accepted him. Well almost all of them. Except William and Marko who seemed to hate his guts. Poor guy they didn't even give him a chance. And I can't wait for them to find out he's also in the soccer team. We were currently in lunch today being Thursday. Marko and I were currently having a pointless discussion once again. And honestly I feel like we've gotten closer.

"Fine! If you don't want me to call you by your nickname I gave you then you can't call me Alekins. What type of nickname is that anyways?" I said finding our conversation amusing.

"Well yes but Marky Mark is just over the top!" he exclaimed.

Everyone in our table laughed and Nikki turned to look at me erupting in laughter.

"You guys crack me up! If I didn't know better I'd say you went from hating each other to being buddy buddy very quickly." she said.

Instead of coming up with a comeback to that, I was too worried thinking about the tone she had used. It was inviting and carefree as if she was trying to imply something. It was weird because she had been in love with this guy for like six years now. I'd have to ask her about that later.

 Then suddenly I noticed something. Something that hurt me a bit. Nikki and William shared a look of accomplishment and secrecy at the same time. They definitely had something going on and I'd have to ask about that later too. I turned back to the table and saw both Marko and Sam looking at me with the same expression on their face.

I blushed and looked down wondering why they were both looking at me. Then I looked over at William and noticed he was laughing with Nikki. I felt jealousy rising inside of me and I stood up without saying a word to anyone and left.

I heard footsteps behind me as I approached a big tree in the school's patio. I turned to face Nikole but as soon as I saw her I sat down and ignored her. We still had half an hour left of lunch so I had plenty of time to calm down.

"What was that for?!" she asked.

"Oh I don't know I mean thanks but you didn't have to stop your WONDERFUL time with Will to come after your best friend who happens to be in love with him." I yelled maybe exaggerating a bit.

"If I don't recall, you went out on a date with Sam just three days ago. Uh huh SO in love with Will." she replied.

I rolled my eyes at her before spitting out, "No sweetie he was new we went to grab some lunch nothing happened. I have no feelings towards him I was just being friendly. I'm pretty damn sure you wouldn't have hesitated to go with him either. And you know what one thing is for sure, if you would have been the one going out to lunch with him I sure as hell wouldn't have thrown myself at your 'lover' Marko who, correct me if I'm wrong, you've been in love with for six years!"'

I felt pretty proud of myself leaving her speechless. Until I heard three slight "What?"s We turned and saw the three boys just standing there. Sam was looking at me with a hurt expression. Will was looking at me with a confused expression and Marko was just standing there with a blank expression on his face.

"Ale can I..um can I talk to you in private please?" asked a hurt Sam.

"No I'm talking to her." said Will.

"Sorry pretty boy apparently you've had that chance for years." he said taking me away.

I looked over at Sam and that's when he asked, "did you mean that back there? Do you really not have any feelings for me?"

I shot him back an apologetic look and said, "look Sam I barely met you Monday and you're probably the sweetest guy ever, but to be honest I've been in love with William since my freshmen year."

"But the guy was so clueless until today. You are a beautiful girl and you deserve to be treated like a princess. Let me be that guy. Let me be the one who protects you from douchebags like them. I can make you feel like a princes, a queen even!" he said.

I felt really bad about sending him mixed messages and I knew I had to do something about it.

"I'm so sorry Sam but I don't want anything to happen between us if I know I don't have feelings for you. But I am sure of one thing. I would love for you to become one of my best friends. I know I can trust you and what better way to be close to one another than being best friends right?" I told him.

He gave me a weak smile and pulled me into a hug. I took that as a yes and I instantly knew we'd be great friends.

"Uh excuse me but I think I was very rude to my best friend and I need to go talk to Marko and William also." I pulled away from the hug and made my way to Marko first.

When I saw him I went up to him and asked "So.. I don't know what to say.."

He looked at me and said "Nikki has been in love with me for six years?" I laughed at him.

Of course that's the only thing he'd get out of the whole argument.

"Listen why don't we all meet at my place so that we can get everything sorted out. I'll tell the rest." I said. Eh a few classes we missed wouldn't affect us.

He nodded in agreement but then he said "oh wait I don't have my car. I lent it to my sister today. Can I please get a ride?" I stood there for a couple of seconds before nodding.

What the heck is up with today?! He's being nice to me? What the hell?

I went to William next.

"Hi Will" I said "look I'm sorry you had to hear that I know nobody would like to hear the geeky girl has been in love with them since freshmen year and I know you would much rather like for it to be Nik-"

With that he grabbed my waist and kissed me! William Hansel was kissing ME! It took me a while but I finally kissed back and after a few seconds we pulled apart.

"Why didn't you just tell me you liked me Ale?" he asked softly.

"Well look at me. I'm nothing compared to Nikki or the other model looking girls from this school why would I waste my time telling you?" I replied shyly.

He chuckled before saying "you are beautiful in your own way and you're a dancer! What type of guy doesn't like dancers?"

I smiled at him then remembered about Nikole.

"Hey we're heading back to my house for the rest of the day why don't you join us while I go talk to Nikole?"

He nodded and told me he'd give Marko a ride.

I went out to look for Nikole and I finally found her. I went up to her but since she hadn't noticed me I spoke softly.

"I can't believe I talked to you that way we've known each other since we were in diapers and I am not willing to lose this friendship over somethig stupid. Please forgive me Nikole." I said.

She looked back at me and said "what's wrong with you?"

I got a bit disappointed.

"You never call me Nikole I'm Nikki your best friend, remember?"

I laughed at her and told her "so what? I've got the guys waiting over at my place! Let's go have some fun!" I yelled hugging Nikki and making our way to my car. On the way to my house I told Nikki about the kiss and she got overly excited making me see that there was nothing between them just like there was nothing but a friendship between Marko and I. A weird one..but still just a friendship.

--A/N-- 

So! What did you guys think? Two chapters in one day?! I think I deserved you know a vote..or a comment?((: pretty please?