Once An Arrogant Jock, Forever One:Chapter 18

Ale's P.O.V

I looked at my surroundings. Ashton was standing with the car door open, his mouth wide, and a puzzled expression. Nikki looked like she had seen a ghost. 'Chris' was looking at me then at Marko repeatedly. And Marko had an angry expression, with his eyes filled with disappointment, looking like a dark green rather than his regular color. I bit my lip nervously, and looked away. Marko touched my chin and brought it to face him.

"What the heck, Alejandra? What do you mean you, my girlfriend, asked this guy for his number?"

"I'm sorry! I swear it didn't mean anything," I said looking at him. "And Chris, I'm sorry. I have a boyfriend, and I guess it was pretty rude to ask for your number."

Marko stayed quiet. I knew he would make a huge deal about this. Oh, how could I be so dumb? We just got over a fight.

Unlike Marko, Chris smiled at me. "Nah, don't worry about it. This happens all the time, customers are what make my job less boring."

I smiled back and nodded. I didn't want this day to be ruined for something like this, so I grabbed Marko's hand and led him to the door. Ashton finally closed his mouth and opened got inside the car. Nikki snorted out a nervous laugh as Chris waved at us and walked back into the store. Marko was stiff, and he kept ignoring me. This is what I get for wanting a free Starbucks coffee.

We drove for a while. The mall was far away, and I couldn't take the tense and awkward silence. Ashton held on to the steering wheel so hard his knuckles were white. I coughed, accidentally making it way more awkward. No one spoke up. I couldn't believe this was such a big deal. I had asked for one number, which was only part of a stupid bet.

"So.." began Nikki.

Nobody answered her. I gave her a look telling her to be quiet.

"Oh come on, Marko it was all part of a bet," she continued. I glared at her for not understanding my look before. She rolled her eyes and returned her gaze to Marko.

"What bet?" he asked under his breath.

"Uh the bet which I lost, and the same bet that makes me owe her a Starbucks coffee."

Marko turned to look at me. I gave him a soft look.

"Really Ale? It was just a bet?" he asked, softly.

I nodded, but remained quiet. He smiled, then let out a breath.

"I'm sorry for overreacting I always- well why don't we just have this conversation when we go back home?" Marko asked, grabbing my hand and giving it a slight squeeze. I smiled in confidently. He let go of my hand and turned back to his seat, next to Ashton.

We reached the local mall. Nikki began clapping and squealing. She loved the mall more than peanut butter mixes with jelly! I enjoyed shopping, but not like Nikki. I often got annoyed by the numerous amount of people roaming the mall.

Nikki grabbed my hand and began running to the mall entrance.

"Nikki! Hold on! You're going to make me fall," yelled out, holding on to my purse.

She let go of my hand and stopped in the middle of the street. I turned around to look for the boys. They were talking by the trunk of the car.

"Guys! Come on!" I yelled.

"Continue walking. Either way we'll be going to different stores. Oh and Ale, meet us in the food court at three o'clock, got it?" asked Ashton.

I mock saluted him and ran back to Nikki. We walked to the entrance and began heading to our favorite party store, Sassy. And let me tell you, this store has some very sassy clothes.