Once An Arrogant Jock, Forever One:Chapter 15

Ale's P.O.V

A couple of weeks passed since the game and the accident. Three weeks to be exact. Marko and I were going pretty strong, we were the 'it' couple according to Nikki. Yeah right, I bet no one even cares about our relationship. Actually most girls are waiting for our break-up so they can throw themselves at Marko again. Pathetic.

-Knock Knock-

"Come in?" I said. I was supposed to be alone at home. My parents were at the movies, and the workers had the day off.

"Hello little sister," said the person I least expected.

"Ashton! Oh my God, what are you doing here?!" I said, as excited as ever.

"I finally got some time off of college. I've missed you so much!" he replied giving me a big bear hug.

We hugged for a while. I've missed him so much, Before he left for college, we were the closest ever. We would hang out every Sunday, and everyone knew not to bother us then. We would spend the whole day anywhere doinf anything, the point was to just hang out. Oh how I miss those days.

"I've missed you too! Hey you don't happen to have plans for tonight, right?" I asked.

"Well, actually.."

"No! Not fair. You barely arrived."

"Just kidding, Ale. Why, anything in mind?"

"Care to go to a carnival with high school people?

"Mm..high school? I'm not sure if..eh why not?" he replied ruffling my hair.

"Okay cool!"

"So who's going, anyways?" he asked.

"Oh uh Nikki, Marko, Will, and a new guy Sam," I told him, counting with my fingers.

He raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked.

"Did you say Marko? As in Marko Clinton?" he exclaimed.

"Yes sir! Why wouldn't my boyfriend go?"

"Woah, wait what?! No. No way."

"What's wrong? He's actually really sweet. Plus, you guys were good friends last year," I added.

"No, one thing is being friends with him, and another is trusting him with my litle sister."

"Oh for God's sake, Ashton, I'm almost eighteen. I'm pretty sure I don't need anyone to babysit me," I replied, beginning to feel angry.

"I'm sorry, sis. It's just that you do not know him You might think you do, but he has a past that is not exactly safe, but it's not my story to tell," he said

"Oh come on, Ashton, you can't just tell me something like that and then say it's not your 'story to tell.' At least give me a hint," I begged. He simply shook his head and walked out of my room. Just then my phone rang, signaling a text.

Meet me at my house to get ready, yea? -Nikki

No meet at mine, Ashton's back! He's going, too! -Ale

OK! Cool beans(; -Nikki

I rolled my eyes. Only she would reply something like that. I looked at the time, I still had three hours before I had to get ready, so I decided to go with Ashton. I knocked on his door, before barging in. He was putting on his shirt to go out, apparently.

"Where you headed to?" I asked, pointing to his outfit.

"My friend Anthony invited me to hang out at that Wing Stop by the movie theatre. You should go, I want you to meet him."

I scrunched up my nose, but nodded. I left to take a shower. Once I was done, I opened the doors to my closet. Wing Stop was a pretty casual place so I settled for white shorts, a black and red top, with my favorite red high top Converse. I decided to leave my hair natural, then I called Ashton to let him know I was ready. The drive to Wing Stop was somewhat short, and once we arrived, I instantly noticed who Anthony was.

There was a guy standing by the door with his arms crossed casually. He waved at us once, mostly at Ashton, though. As we parked, I took the time to study his features. He had a strong and well defined jaw, tight biceps, and short brown hair. He had deep eyes and a cute smile, but the best thing was his great sense of style.

"So are you done checking him out, or shall I wait?" I heard Ashton interrupt my thoughts.

I stuck out my tongue and said, "I was not checking him out. It's called studying his features, only girls understand."

He ignored me and began walking to the entrance. I quickly got out of the car and followed him.

"Hey Anthony, this is my baby sister, Ale," said Ashton pointing at me.

"I am not his baby sister, but nice to meet you." I offered my hand to him, which he took with a slight smile. I looked at his eyes, and they reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite remember who.

I shook off the thought and made my way inside the restaurant. We took a seat in a booth with a great view of the TV.

"Dude! Spain's playing Portugal!" I yelled at Ashton.

He gave me an embarrassed look, which I rolled my eyes to. I didn't care, the only thing I cared about was the soccer game. I began getting excited with the wonderful plays Portugal was making and I would occasionally clap, causing 'looks' from Ashton.

"Oh come on, Ashton. It's not that bad that she's into the game. I actually find that kinda hot," said Anthony.

I choked on the soda I was drinking and began coughing like a maniac. Ashton slapped Anthony's head, but soon turned to hit my back trying to get me to breathe normally again. The scene we were causing was hilarious, so I began laughing, and let me tell you that coughing and laughing do not go well together.

Eventually, my breathing was back to normal and the stares from the other customers were beginning to disappear. I was really enjoying myself. We were eating all kinds of wings while watching a soccer game, and best of all with my brother who I hadn't seen in months. And honestly, Anthony is a really cool guy. He looked a couple of years older than Ashton. Maybe one or two. Suddenly a phone began ringing. Anthony took out his phone.

"Oh sorry, it's my brother," he said to us. "Hello? What's up Hunter?"

His voice became distant as he excused himself from the table. Hunter? That's who he looks like, but it can't be the same Hunter, right? I mean that would be too much coincidence. Whatever. Either way, it's not like Ashton will let Hunter near me.

Anthony came back to the table. We had been there for an hour, so we decided to pay and leave. Ashton invited Anthony to the carnival, so all three of us needed to go and get ready, mostly me though.

"Ale! Ready?" asked Ashton. I had just changed my outfit and straightened my hair. I was now wearing my favorite jeans, a pink top and white Vans. I quickly grabbed a jacket just in case and met up with Ashton.

"Yep! Let's go, I told Marko we'd meet there at seven."

The carnival was half an hour away, by the more deserted area of town. Surprisingly, we arrived exactly on time and Marko was trying to find parking. We all found karmic and met by the ticket booth.

"Hey gorgeous," said Marko giving me a sweet kiss and a hug. I smiled into it and grabbed his hand. I have a very good feeling, I think it'll be a lot of fun!

-------------------------//

Hey! Thanks for reading! I have great ideas for the rest of the story and a big twist(; Well enjoy a picture of Anthony on the side! Don't forget to comment, vote, and stuff!