Once An Arrogant Jock, Forever One:Chapter 19

Be sure to play the music to the side((:

Ale's P.O.V

"Hello everyone. How nice to see you here," said Hunter, taking a seat beside me.

I bit my tongue, trying to stop myself from blowing up. First, he comes up to me and lies, and now he comes and ruins the perfect moment. What the heck is his problem?

"What the hell are you doing here, Hunter?" said Ashton with his voice full of venom.

Hunter laughed, then said, "I'm just here to spend time with my old friends. Can't I do that?"

"No, you can't. not after the way you acted last time," said Marko, in the same tone of voice Ashton had used.

Once again, Hunter laughed. "I'm sorry about that. I already talked to Al about this, didn't I Gorgeous?"

"Don't call me that," I mumbled. I didn't realize my tongue was bleeding until I stopped biting it to speak up.

"Why don't you just leave, Hunter. It's obvious no one wants you here," Ashton said, clearly trying to stay calm.

"Hunter, can I talk to you? Outside?" asked Nikki. My head snapped directly towards her. I gave her a questioning look. She ignored it and stood up.

"Now," she said.

Hunter stood up hesitantly and followed her.

Nikki's P.O.V

"Okay, pretty boy. Start talking. Why the hell are you here?" I asked.

He looked at me with hatred. I was taken aback. What had I ever done to him?

"It's your fault. All of it." he said.

I stayed quiet for a couple of seconds, processing his words. "What is?" I asked carefully.

"My Senior year, I wanted to date Ale so bad. I liked her instantly, and you were always blocking my chances."

I remained quiet and waited for him to continue.

"I came back from college and it turned out my brother, Anthony, was friends with Ashton. I saw this as my opportunity. Now, I see she's with Marko, but he's not good enough for her."

"Oh and you are? If you're so good for her, why were you a jerk last time we saw you at Starbucks? Why were you a jerk our Freshmen year? Huh?"I asked. My voice was filled with anger, and getting louder every second that passed.

"I have my reasons. That's for me to know, and for you not to. One thing I will tell you. Get Ale away from Marko. He's no good, I'm serious. She doesn't know his past. Heck, she doesn't know his present either."

I stood there with many unclear thoughts. I saw him walk  away and there was nothing else he would tell me. I tried calming down before entering the food court again. Ale gave me the same look she had given me before I walked out, but I was too confused to care. I took a seat and attempted fitting in with the awkward atmosphere they had created.

Ale's P.O.V

I broke the silence when I was done eating. I wanted to go she shopping now, so I told Nikki to come with me.

"Let's go shoe shopping now, yeah?"

"Okay cool,"  she replied. She was distracted, I could tell. I knew it had something to do with Hunter, but what had happened?

I sighed and stood up, heading back into the mall. As I arrived to the first shoe store, I noticed Nikki hadn't even followed me. Whatever, I can shop on my own.