Once An Arrogant Jock, Forever One:Chapter 21

Ale's POV

My heart fluttered as I saw Marko standing on stage, a microphone in hand, and all eyes on him. His eyes met mine and he gave me a small nervous smile. I wondered what was up with him, but soon enough music began playing. He put the microphone to his lips and spoke.

"I can't do this anymore. I can't be without you. I can't stand seeing you with anyone else and I want you to know that I love you, Ale."

He began singing my favorite song, Heart on Fire by Jonathan Clay. My smile could not be wiped off my face with anything. My stomach was a mess. It felt like butterflies were trying to break loose hitting every corner on it. I began singing along since I knew every word by heart.

Slowly, people starting pushing me towards the front right by the stage. It felt like a cheesy movie scene that any girl dreams about having. As I reached the front, Marko extended his hand and I made it to the top of the stage.

He handed me a microphone and I laughed. Then, I began singing along with him. This was definitely the best birthday ever.

When we finished the song, everyone clapped for us and I realized I was holding his hand. I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back and pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on his chest as he kissed my head. I didn't realize how much he meant to me until that moment.,

I looked up to him and loud enough for him to hear I said, " I love you."

He closed his eyes and kissed me. As he opened his eyes he said to me, " I love you. I love you more than anything or anyone. Please forgive me?"

I laughed and replied to him. "Duh!"

Just then, I remembered where we were. I looked around to find a lot of eyes staring at us. I gave a signal to the DJ and he quickly restarted the music. Soon enough, the party continued.

"You want something to drink?" he asked me.

"Sure! Nothing spiked though. I want to remember every moment today."

He nodded and led me hand in hand to the kitchen. I grabbed a Coke and passed him  a Sprite. He accepted it, but set it on the counter next to him. He then pulled me into a hug as my smile grew bigger each second.

How did I get so lucky with this boy? He could have any girl in the school, yet he chose me. He is so perfect with his amazing looks, with those bright blue eyes the color of the sea and those muscles that make you feel safe and protected, but most importantly his personality. First, he seemed like an arrogant jock, but he has proved to be much more. He's sweet, caring, loving--

He interrupted my thoughts by pulling out a small box.

"I got you something."

I grabbed the box carefully and opened it to find a gorgeous ring. I gasped and looked at him confused.

"Don't worry, I'm not asking you to marry me. It's a promise ring, but I don't want you to promise me anything. It's a promise ring, but I am promising you that it doesn't matter what or who comes between us I will always love you. Happy birthday, Love"

Once again I gasped, but this time because I was out of words. It was beautiful. In the shape of an infinity sign it had my birthstones and his on each side, and on the inside, the words "Love you forever" were engraved.

"Oh God, Marko, I love it! This is the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever given me." I gave him a long and slow kiss. It was a perfect moment. When did I even fall in love? I don't even recall the process. I guess that's just how it works. You don't know you're falling until you've hit the floor. I have fallen hard for this boy. 

------------//------------

Hello! So another short chapter, I know. And I'm sorry, but I think it was a cute one right? There is a picture of the ring on the side. Well I hope you enjoyed it and please leave a comment below! Love ya!