Chapter 23: Wishing on a Shooting Star

Start from the beginning

As he left the room I realized I was still dressed ridiculous and it took me a long time to realize. How stupid was I? I peeled off the costume and dressed into his clothes that dragged onto my body. It was good enough to lounge in. I walked towards the smell of pizza, and saw a large box of pepperoni that was screaming my name. 

"Nothing better to cure a hangover with some greasy food, right?" Beck praised.

"Obviously, now hand me a plate. I'm starving." I agreed, taking a seat in front of him. 

We sat in comfortable silence, munching on the delicious treat called pizza. Soon enough the box was completely empty. I could feel a food coma taking over my body, instantly needing a nap after this dish. 

"Can we talk about last night?" Beck questioned. 

Last night? Hm, I wondered what he wanted to talk about. My chat with Chase or the chugging with Vince. It could be the kiss I had given him last night. Oh my god. The kiss! I had completely forgotten about that entire situation, and suddenly staying all day in his penthouse made me feel uncomfortable. The need to stop drunk Ava was becoming more of a priority at this point.

I nodded my head for Beck to continue, knowing I couldn't trust my voice at this point. "Well, we were both very intoxicated and I'm sure you know the entire situation with Maya."

I blinked. Trying to get the moment out of my head. "I'm sorry about the kiss. I'm not sure what I was thinking." 

Beck cocked his head, but chuckled. "No, don't apologize. You totally saved my ass, and the kiss was amazing."

Oh god. Where was this conversation going?! I was beyond nervous with what was coming out of his mouth next. Don't get me wrong, I was flattered he thought the kiss was amazing. It just wasn't meant to happen. I felt alarmed wondering if Chase had seen it, and if he hated me. 

"I know you and Chase are in a weird situation. I think it's no secret that I enjoy our time together, and well, just don't sweat the kiss. I get that we probably weren't thinking."

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I was more than happy for him to acknowledge I was not thinking and acted out of the blue. "Thanks for understanding, I honestly was too drunk to even think about what I was doing." I answered.

Beck nodded, taking a sip out of his water. "We can still be cool, right?" He asked.

"Anyone who buys me pizza, is a friend for life."

"Right," he trailed off, "Did you wanna spend the night again, or were you wanting to head home?"

He was truly the nicest person I had met. He had offered me to stay again, and bought me food! Of course, good times need to come to an end. Plus, there was no way I could comfortably overthink every situation in another home. I liked to rethink my life choices in the comfort of my own bed. 

"Seeing as Arabella has been threatening me over text, it'd be a good idea to go home." I laughed.

"Gotcha, I'll meet you in the car?" Beck asked, grabbing his keys.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I just need to grab my stuff." 

I walked up to his bedroom, trying to remember where I left my other heel. Sure, I could leave it behind. But those were my favorite, and there was no way I was going to give up without a fight. I checked under the bed, hoping to see my cute heel but instead I found a large black box. Curiosity got the best of me so I grabbed it and put it on the bed. My fingers reached towards the lid of the heavy box, but heavy footsteps coming around the corner stopped me.