Chapter 1

@@@@@Author's Note@@@@@@

Hey guys! Please VOTE, follow and comment your views down below if you like it! Let me know what you think. Enjoy!❤️

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

In this very dubious world, people usually belong to one nationality or another but what about those in between.

Someone like me.. who has an Indian mother and an equally loving american father. Someone who's been a regular victim of words like 'Videshi' or 'Firangi' or something even worse like ABCD (American born confused desi)

I guess we just sort of deal with reality which is by totally ignoring it. You could call us the neutrals or the ones who don't mind compromising in complicated situations.

Well, when it comes to 'C-O-M-P-R-O-M-I-S-I-N-G'

HELL! We compromise on almost all of the things - friends, integrity, self respect and various others that I can't remember at this point because its way easier to find reasons to support something that you've always known than what you've never understood FROM THE VERY BEGINNING.   

Well, my dad's a total New Yorker by heart whereas my mom on the other hand is an Indian goddess of beauty. My dad loves to pamper mom and my mom like any other simple housewife loves to be pampered - must not forget to add the word 'ALWAYS'. There isn't a single day in their life when they aren't smiling at each other. Sometimes even I wonder what are they smiling for but to them it's true love.

So precisely after one year of their miraculous wedding, their oh-so-amazing true love brought me into this world and then after five years my nuisance of a brother showed up and joined our slightly - not slightly - I should say completely absurd family. Anyone would agree if they lived with us. My careful analysis says it would only take a week for them to give us the tag of being total freaks.

But on the lighter side of it all, it makes me wonder at times, seeing my parents so in love, whether I'll be able to find someone as passionate and funny as dad or would I ever be as charming and wise like my mom someday.

Anyways that's not all there is that I think about each day. In fact I think a lot more than usual - it's at the very top of my characteristics after randomly daydreaming and this is why I decided to maintain my own personal diary.

So, I ask you, have you ever thought of reading something so unexpected that would leave you feeling good and make you love reality out of nowhere?

Well, my story is one of those if you truly believe as I scribble it down in my treasured little diary unravelling the bits and pieces of my frisky little life in the city that never sleeps.

So, it began with a simple innocent deed done out of purely unadulterated feelings of friendship. That's what she came up with when I confronted my one and only friend - Polina Volkov.

You'd wonder why not best friend when one and only - well, that's because people make mistakes, in Poppy's case 'a lot of mistakes', so better not to give them titles which they can't always live up to and I know Polina pretty damn well not to burden her with expectations of my own because instead of living upto them she'll completely downgrade them.   

"Poppy, What did you do?!" 

We stood in the middle of the college's hallway near her locker when I yelled at her after reading her silly text msg which read - 'You'll soon be grateful' which actually meant as per my understanding of her - 'You'll soon be regretful.' along with short summary of her latest scheme which according to me had broken all previous records of her being completely insane.