Chapter 29

@@@@@Author's Note@@@@@@

Hey guys! Please VOTE, follow and comment your views down below if you like it! Let me know what you think. Enjoy!❤️

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

What is more terrifying? Knowing that your boyfriend tried to kill your father or that you are still in love with such a maniac?

"No..." I barely whispered as I tried to make sense of his statement but it was useless. I then started to move away from him.

"Anya, I-I'm really sorry." Zirak weakly apologized but it wasn't his fault.

"Tell me this isn't true.." I desperately begged but he had nothing to console my broken heart.

"I-I wish I could but it is the truth. I'm so sorry, Anya."

"N-No, it's a lie. You're lying!" I yelled back at him as I ran out of the hall with tears blurring my vision.

"Anya, please wait! Stop!" I could hear Zirak's voice echoing and his footsteps following me as I ran straight to the parking lot avoiding everyone's gaze on the way. I wanted nobody to see this miserable side of me.

"Congratulations you guys! I'm so proud of you! Let's partayy!" Polina excitedly hugged her boyfriend, Jase while Luke and Allen weirdly stepped a bit away to give them more space.

"I guess someone's about to get drunk tonight, I sure am booking a cab for myself." Allen jokingly stated seeing Polina's situation.

"Hey, where's Anya?" Luke asked scanning around the area.

"Uh, she.. oh yes! she was inside the hall with Zirak, she said she'll be here in sometime. No worries."

"Right, what is she doing with him anyway?"

"No idea, they were discussing something important as we were coming out. I guess we'll know once she's here."

"Yeah, how about we all go for lunch somewhere once she comes out, my treat, what say?"

"Awesome! Let's do it! I'm starving." Allen happily agreed.

"But place I'll decide, you guys seriously don't choose good restaurants." Polina intervened with a not so impressed face.

"Whoa! Is that Anya?" Allen all of a sudden spoke up as he was staring just behind us.

Luke turned and so did everyone in the group as he saw Anya in tears rushing towards the parking lot.

Who followed up behind was more surprising as it was the new guy she had started being friends with.

"What the hell.." he murmured then quickly handed over his robe to Jase and ran after them without any explanation.

"Luke! Where are you going? Luke!" Jase called out but to no avail as he was far gone already.

"Anya, wait! Would you stop for a minute!" Zirak reached up to me but I wanted to run away, away from it all.

The pain I felt was unbearable, I couldn't breathe and everything felt ruined. My love was dying a slow death. How could this happen.

"Stop please!" He grabbed my wrist to stop me while I continued to whimper uncontrollably.

"Let me go! Zirak, please. I can't!"

"Listen, I'm sorry. I just wanted you to know. Please." He pulled me close to look at him.

"Everything's ruined, everything!" I bellowed sadly.

"Hey! What's going on here?"

There he was, standing tall staring at us both now with a worried look on his charming face.