10. Under Surveillance

Ryuu, Naruto and Hinata were enjoying ramen together while Ayame and Teuchi served them.

Naruto turned to see girls peering through the curtain, giggling at the sight of Ryuu. “Boy, you sure are popular with the ladies, Ryuu. Reminds me of myself and Sasuke way back when.” Naruto grinned. Hinata giggled knowingly. Ryuu sighed, “I just want some peace. But those girls follow me everywhere. They watch me here, on the training grounds, and even when I walk home to the apartment.” He explained. “Why don’t you just pick one? I’m sure there’s a decent girl. At least one of 'em.” Naruto suggested. Ryuu rested his chin in his hand, “No thanks. My heart belongs to, uhr, someone else.” He said, smiling goofily at Ayame as she washed the dishes. Naruto and Hinata noticed.

Naruto slapped his back with a large grin before whispering, “Don’t worry, I got ya.” Ryuu and Hinata gave him a curious look. “Oi! Ayame! Who do you like around here?” Ryuu and Hinata panicked. “Naruto!” she stressed, but Ayame didn’t seem to mind. She turned to look at them, “Who do I like? Well, uhm… I think Lord Kakashi is quite handsome. And so mysterious.” She said, blushing into a daydream. Ryuu’s heart tore in half, flying off like paper right before his eyes. Naruto’s grin dropped, “Oh, I see…” he said, feeling embarrassment. “Oh, why do you ask? Did he maybe-” Ryuu got up, “I should go.”

“Oh, uhr, no reason Ayame. Carry on. Just me and my big mouth, ya know.” Naruto said with a nervous grin. Ayame shrugged it off and continued doing the dishes while Ryuu exited the shop with his head hung low. He ignored the crowd of girls on the way. Naruto and Hinata watched him in a mix of sympathy and concern, “Ryuu...” she worried.

Meanwhile, as Miyuki and Katsu headed to the ramen shop to find their brother, Katsu picked up something and halted. “What is it, Katsu?” Miyuki asked as she turned back. Katsu shook it off, “It’s nothing. I’ve just… Ever since the wedding, I’ve been getting this weird feeling that we’re being watched. And when I’m alone I still feel eyes on me.” He explained. Miyuki chuckled, “I’m sure it’s just the fans.” She waved off and resumed walking. “No, I’m serious. Whenever I try to locate their chakra signature, it ends up being a dog or two.” Miyuki halted and turned around, “Did you say dog?” she asked. “I don’t mean Akamaru either. I mean small dogs. There’s one passed the corner we walked by and another in that box up ahead.” Katsu pointed out. Miyuki wondered about it for a moment, and then gave Katsu a playful smirk, “Well then… I know how much we both love dogs. Why don’t we go find ourselves one?” she suggested. Katsu smiled and nodded. The two causally strolled down the street, passed the box Katsu pointed out earlier.

When the tiny ninja hound popped out to continue pursuing them, he found himself floating on a green plate. “What the?” he wondered in his grouchy tone. Miyuki and Katsu returned, rounding the corner. Katsu had a hand up, keeping the plate with Pakkun at eye level. Miyuki stepped closer with a hand on her hip, examining the dog. “Pakkun... I should’ve known it’d be you.” She glared. “Well, I’m busted.” He replied. “You know him, Miyuki?” Katsu asked, lowering him back to the ground. He hoped off to sit and look up at them. She nodded, “Back when I was teaching Kakashi Lightning Style as kids, he used Pakkun to lead the rest of his ninja hounds to set up a perimeter around the Neutral Grounds.”

Katsu then looked back to the dog, “Why are you following us?” he asked. “No. Why is Kakashi having you follow us?” Miyuki sneered down suspiciously. “For your protection.” Pakkun answered. She scoffed, “From what?” she asked in slight annoyance. “If you want answers, ask him. I’m out of here.” And with that, Pakkun disappeared in a puff of smoke. Miyuki and Katsu exchanged looks, “Let’s go find Ryuu.” she said in slight concern. Katsu nodded, and they hurried towards him.

They spotted him trying to escape a clinging bunch of girls, “There he is!” Miyuki pointed out, Katsu grabbed her arm, “Wait, Miyuki, calm down. We don’t know why-” she scoffed, “I don’t care. For all we know he thinks we're a threat to the Village, and I am going to call him on it. Now let go.” Katsu released her and she stormed up to Ryuu. “We need to go see the Hokage.” She instructed, grabbing his arm. “What? No! Anywhere but Kakashi...” Miyuki pulled him closer, “I’m not in the mood for this Ryuu, so let’s go.” Ryuu wanted to protest but ended up sighing instead, “Fine.” He eye-rolled. “I’ll explain on the way.” She replied, tugging him along, out the fangirls crowding him.

Haurutsuki: Melting of Beautiful SnowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara