1. Awakening

*Author's Note: If you haven't seen the first book, Haurutsuki: Beautiful Snow, be sure to click below okay?*

https://my.w.tt/PfBmPOhEY8

Many years past since then. The Fourth Mizukage’s Three-Tailed Beast was extracted by the Akatsuki, killing him, and Mei Terumi took over as the first female Mizukage. Lady Mei aimed to reform the Bloody Mist Village and change its nickname and the Village, for the better. 

Pein attacked, and destroyed the Hidden Leaf Village, but was defeated by a new heroic Shinobi, the Fourth Hokage’s Legacy, Naruto Uzumaki. Obito Uchiha later declared war on the Five Great Shinobi Nations, starting the Fourth Great Ninja War. The Five Nations rose up and united against him, and the greatest struggle humanity was yet to face. Sasuke Uchiha finally defeated his elder brother, Itachi Uchiha, and discovered the truth behind his past, changing Sasuke’s future. Naruto and Sasuke fought alongside the Allied Nations in order to defeat Obito and Madara Uchiha, and later, the real threat emerged. With the Infinite Tsukuyomi in place, and the entire world placed under a Genjutsu dream world, Kaguya Otsutski appeared and took over the war against humanity. After Madara betrayed Obito, he was betrayed by Black Zetsu, and the husk of the Ten-Tails filled to take the shape of the White Rabbit Demon, the creator of chakra herself. Obito joined Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, and his former comrade, Kakashi Hatake, in order to save the world. Which they did, at the cost of Obito’s life.

Once the Fourth Great Shinobi War was won by the Shinobi Alliance, Sasuke went rogue and tried to kill Naruto and all the Tailed Beasts with his new Visual Prowess, the Rinnegan. In the end, Naruto and Sasuke drew, and in the process, Naruto won back his best friend. 

To atone for his crimes, Sasuke handed himself over to the Hidden Leaf Village and was placed in prison. Naruto was hailed as the World’s Saviour, and with the Five Great Shinobi Villages united, everyone celebrated a hard-won peace. A year after the war, Kakashi Hatake accepted the leadership role of 6th Hokage, and with Naruto’s aid, helped get Sasuke freed from jail, and pardoned from all his crimes. However, instead of returning to the village, Sasuke went on a journey, to deal with the guilt he felt after betraying his friends. It was while on this journey that Kakashi asked him to help aid them in an investigation case on the “Exploding Humans.” Sasuke did so independently, enlisting the help of his former Sensei, the Legendary Sanin Orochimaru. 

It was while there, that Orochimaru hinted to being curious about something his Rinnegan might reveal if he took a look at Orochimaru’s old hideout. Something Orochimaru had recently remembered was bugging him about his old work in the desert. Sasuke ignored this, and continued the investigation at hand, eventually saving the Village by convincing the enemy wielding the Ketsurygan to atone for their sins as he had. The Fifth Mizukage, Lady Mei, stepped in and offered them roles as rehabilitated shinobi of the Hidden Mist, pardoning them from jail as he was. As a way of thanks, Naruto sent Sasuke a letter. In it, he mentioned how Sakura saw his efforts to protect the village as that of the Police Force Sasuke once dreamt of being a part of as a child. With that in mind, Sasuke returned home, where Sakura was waiting to receive him at the Village gate.

The following year, Sasuke decided to continue his journey by travelling through the desert, protecting the Leaf from the Shadows. It was during this time that the moon began forcefully falling from the sky, under the influence of the Tenseigan, and Toneri Otsutski. Thanks to Naruto, Hinata, Sakura, Shikamaru, and Sai, the world was saved, yet again, from certain disaster. The struggle on the moon helped Naruto realize his feelings for Hinata, while Sasuke resumed his journey through the desert. It was while there, that Orochimaru’s curious words about the desert and his Rinnegan came to mind, and with nothing better to do, Sasuke decided to investigate the ruins of Orochimaru’s old hideout.