9. When the Rhumba Rhythm...

Suddenly, the crowd exploded into cheer, bringing them all back to reality. They looked up, panting and sweating from the adrenaline rush that came from the performance. They received a standing ovation, and Miyuki stood speechless.

Ryuu appeared, grabbing her shoulder. She flinched and turned in surprise to meet his grin, Katsu smiling from her other side. She jumped them into an awkward hug, their guitar and violin still in hand. She had never been more grateful to be alive. She lifted her head and looked to the band, and gave them a grateful nod, which they accepted with a grateful bow. Ryuu then moved to the Miyuki’s mic, “Uhr, ladies and gentlemen. The Blue Bird Band!” The crowd cheered in applause for them. Miyuki and Katsu did too. “Congratulations Naruto and Hinata.” Ryuu smiled, and with that the curtain drew to a close.

Everyone behind it sighed in relief, “They’re still cheering.” Katsu enthusiastically squealed. It wasn't something he would normally do. “Can you believe it!?” Miyuki grinned. “This was the best mission ever!” Ryuu exclaimed. Everyone laughed and hugged, content with their performance. After getting packed up, they were free to join their peers for dinner and cake, where they received many… MANY more praises for their gift and performance from everyone they came across.

The Blue Birds Band remained on stage and reopened the curtains to begin playing the dance pieces, and everyone happily rushed to the dancefloor. Those who remained seated or standing on the side included Gaara, the Tschikage, Hinata’s father, and Kakashi. Ryuu was happily dancing away to the upbeat music with Ayame while Katsu was on the side doing his own odd dance moves with Shino.

Lee and Kankuro approached the Kage table, “Lord Gaara, please join us on the dance floor.” Lee said. Gaara deadpanned, “What? No.” he said in bafflement. “Oh, come on, Gaara. It’s time to have some fun.” Kankuro insisted, grabbing Gaara’s arm. As Gaara panicked and tried to yank free from his elder brother, Kakashi was so busy chuckling at the scene, that he hadn't noticed Miyuki sneaking up behind his chair. She ambushed him, grabbing his wrist and tugging him along before he even realised. “Come on, Kakashi. Dance with me.” She ushered. “What? Ah!” Kakashi panicked. “Don’t be such a whimp. It’ll be fun.” She chuckled out. “No, wait, Miyuki.” But she would have none of it.

Kakashi shrieked in horror as they reached the dance floor, “Are you out of your mind? I can’t-” she then pulled him into her, “Then I’ll show you how.” She smugly said, looking up at him. His eyes widened at her confident smile, and then he averted his gaze, “I can’t.” She giggled, “Well then, you’ll just have to twirl me around.” She said, raising his arm and twirling herself around his finger. “Way to go, Kakashi-Sensei!” Naruto shouted out from where he stood dancing with Hinata. Kakashi’s nerves were fried. He immediately stiffened and became steaming red. Miyuki laughed and continued using him as her twirling post. Kakashi secretly enjoying himself too.

When the song ended, everyone clapped while Kakashi did his best to get a hold of his hot, melted expression. He was so completely flustered in embarrassment. Miyuki giggled, “Well, that was fun. Thanks for lending me your presence, oh graceful Hokage.” She dramatically bowed. “Yeah, sure…” he shakily replied. Just then, a steadier, tango-like song came on. The two straightened upon realisation. “Well, I better find myself another partner for this number. Thanks again, Old man.” She waved off, about to leave when, “Hold on-” Kakashi abruptly grabbed the back of her wrist and pulled her into his chest, “Who you calling old?” he smoothly retorted before dipping her over backwards, “Whoo!” she exclaimed in surprise.

As quickly as he dove forward, he pulled her back up to meet his gaze, “Kakashi...” She breathed out in uncertainty. “Shall I give you a twirl?” he cooly inquired. A playful smirk tugged at her face, “You may.” She answered, and with that, Kakashi spun her out as she giggled and twirled. The two danced the night away, surprising everyone who saw them.