11. Prophecy & Purposes

Some time passed, and while Miyuki continued to feel uneasy, Katsu continued his work. Ryuu had his job schedule changed so that he worked when Ayame didn't. 

“Surprised to find you here. How’s it going, Ryuu?” Naruto greeted as he and Hinata walked into the ramen shop. “Okay, I guess. Want the usual?” Ryuu asked, wiping the counter. Naruto and Hinata exchanged a concerned glance and then took their seats. “You bet. Hey, listen. Uhr... I’m sorry about what happened the last time we got together like this. I was out of line. Sakura probably would’ve hit me over the head and called me an idiot.” He half-joked, sheepishly rubbing the back of his head. “Naruto really didn’t mean to cause you any harm.” Hinata added in concern. “Nah, it’s okay. I’ll get over it. That’s why I work when she’s off. Teuchi is just going over the inventory. He’ll be back in a jiff. Want some tea in the meantime?” They gave a slight nod, and he turned to get the tea going.

As he filled the kettle with water from the sink, a small creature hopped out the dishwater, scaring the life out of him. As he exclaimed in panic, the small toad hopped over the counter. “Naruto-boy.” Ryuu’s jaw dropped, “Wah!? Talking frog!” he pointed out, kettle in hand. “Huh? Grandpa Sage? What are you doing here?” Naruto curiously asked. “I’ve come to tell you a prophecy Gamamaru dreamed of.” The grouchy toad anxiously replied. “A dream?” Hinata wondered aloud.
“Oh! You must be a one of the Sage toads from Naruto’s training. Wow! This is so cool!” Ryuu grinned in excitement. “I am the Great Toad Elder, boy. But this is no time for introductions. Naruto-boy, listen. This is very important. The fate of the Hidden Leaf Village depends on it!” the toad insisted. “Well, what is it Gramps? I’m listening.” Naruto asked.

Everyone leaned in as the toad spoke, “The prophecy is this: Dark clouds will fill the Hidden Leaf’s skies. And from it, dark pink lightning will arise. Here to steal the light, from three pairs, of eyes.” He said in seriousness. Naruto squinted, “Well, what does that mean?” he asked in confusion. “Well, how should I know? I’m just delivering the message.” Suddenly Ryuu leaned down on the frustrated toad, “Hi, I’m Ryuu. Ryuu Haurutsuki. Are you the toad who taught Minato and Naruto? Did you train his Sensei, the Legendary Sanin Jiraya too?” He asked excitedly. “I said now is not the time for… Wait. Haurutsuki?” The toad realized. Ryuu nodded, “That’s right. I'm staying with my brother and sister in the Hidden Leaf Village. Our clan was wiped out back home...” he trailed off in remembrance.

“Odd pink lightning… Three Haurutsuki siblings in the Leaf… Tell me, Ryuu-boy. Have you unsealed the Keihatsu Mun State?” He titled his head, “You mean the Keihatsugan? Yeah, me and my family did. Why?” he asked. The toad gasped, “Three pairs of eyes! It’s you! You three are what another Haurutsuki are after. Ryuu-boy, come with me.” He was taken a back, “Wait, what? I can’t just leave. I don’t even know what’s going on here.” He said in bafflement. “Neither do we.” Naruto squinted. “Ryuu-boy. There is no such thing as the Keihatsugan. Only the state known as the Keihatsu Mun. It’s the pinnacle of the Haurutsuki Clan's power. A form of natural energy manipulation not known to Sage of Six Paths Shinobi. But with the seal in place... I fear it may corrupt and consume the three of you as it must have corrupted the fourth Haurutsuki who is after you all.” He said seriously.

“What? My brother and sister are in danger?” Ryuu asked in concern. The toad gave a grim nod, “More than you know. Come with me, Ryuu-boy. I can help teach you how, not only to save them, but the one endangering you all.” Ryuu looked up from the toad to Naruto and Hinata, desperate for answers. “If you don’t. This... Keihatsugan, will cause you much more harm than good. It could even turn you against all you’ve sworn to protect! Only the Sage toads know the truth behind your Clan’s origin. Taking you to train on Mount Myboku could lead you to saving the Hidden Leaf Village!” the toad stressed.