6. Traditional Wedding Gift

The three Haurutsuki's stood in front of a video camera inside the Yamanaka Flower Shop, "Hinata-" Miyuki said. "Naruto-" Ryuu added, "Congratulations!" the three beamed in unison. "May your marriage be filled with happiness-" Katsu continued, "Love-" Ryuu smiled, "And laughter." Miyuki chuckled out. "And cut! Wow guys. That was great. Hey, do you know where Ino is? She's up next." Konohamaru said as he put down his camera. "Sorry, but she's off today. She did say something about meeting with Shikamaru and Choji though." Miyuki recalled. "That's right. Choji said they'll be catching up at Yamaniku BBQ today." Ryuu remembered. "Alright! Thanks, you guys. Well, see ya 'round." Konahamaru said, heading for the door. The trio waved and greeted him as he left before turning to each other.

"I can't believe those two are getting married so soon. Wasn't mum and dad like 27 when they got married?" Ryuu asked. "Well, they had to wait until he became the official Head since marrying mom was against the rule of marrying a pure Haurutsuki at the time. She was half Yuki remember?" Miyuki explained. "Oh right. Well, age doesn't matter anyway. To think three months ago we were frozen in ice, and now we've been invited to our new friends' wedding? I'm just... I'm just so happy for them!" he burst out excitedly. "I feel old." Katsu frowned. His siblings chuckled.

"I better get going. My lunch break is almost over, and my boss is not a patient man. I swear, you'd think his paying me." Katsu said in slight annoyance. "Yeah, I should get going too. It's my turn to wait on tables after lunchtime." Ryuu grinned. "And I have a flower shop to maintain, so off you two go. Go on. Shoo." Miyuki playfully gestured. Her brothers smiled, and with that, they were off.

Miyuki was at the cash register tallying the finances when she heard someone come in, "Welcome to Yamanaka's Flower Shop. How may I help you, Si-? Oh... Good morning, Kakashi. What brings you here?" Miyuki smiled contently. Kakashi spoke as he strode over, hands in his pockets, "What? No 'Old man' today? Can't say I'm not surprised." He said, before resting his elbow and chin on top of the cash register, looking up at her. "Let's just say I'm in a good mood today. How long has it been, three weeks?" she asked, continuing to jot down numbers on her clipboard. Kakashi shrugged, "I guess. Hard to keep track of time. Maybe we should go out for ramen together more often." Kakashi said nonchalantly. "Yeah, Ryuu would love that." She chuckled out, missing Kakashi's hint.

He began tapping his finger on his covered cheek, "So... where you in a good mood before or after I walked into the store?" he asked. "Tch. How about you buy some flowers, and I'll tell you." She said smugly, before putting her clipboard down and lifting the small vase beside it. She took a cloth out her apron pocket and began cleaning it, "Fair enough. So, uhr, are you going to Naruto's wedding?" he asked, his taps getting more impatient.

She raised an eyebrow at him, "Well, of course. Me and Ino are overseeing the flower arrangements for the wedding. We've been requested by Hinata." She explained, suspicious of his motives. "You either bribed Ino or Hinata then." He stated casually. Miyuki halted wiping the vase, an irk mark twitched on her forehead before an evil smirk grew, "Speaking of weddings, why haven't you had one yet, eh, Old man?" she taunted. Kakashi stopped tapping his finger on his cheek, averting his gaze, "Guess no one is good enough." Miyuki scoffed, "Arrogant as ever, I see." She stated, setting the small vase down and walking away from the register and him, to head to one of the flower batches. Kakashi turned and watched her, patiently waiting for her to return with a bouquet and a pair of big scissors in hand.

"What about you? Surely you had a husband back in the Hidden Mist." Kakashi asked nonchalantly. Miyuki burst out into a fit of laughter as she held the flowers and scissors on the other side of the table, "Yeah, right! My dad would kill me for even considering marrying anyone. Even from our own clan!" she laughed out. Kakashi sweat-dropped, "You mean you never considered it?" Her laughter halted, "Well I wouldn't say never. I kind of did once or twice. But we were always fighting and training and learning and killing and losing comrades. Then there were missions and death and... I don't know. Other things just occupied my thoughts I guess." She shrugged off her rambling. "I know what you mean..." Kakashi thought aloud.