•Thirty-Two•

•••••••••••••
Flashback
July 25, 2018
Wednesday, 12:07 PM
~~~~~

"I said No Stephan!" Nia said pushing the man off of her, as she gave an annoyed sigh and looked out of the passenger side window in the car. After Nia ended things on bad terms with Sebastian, she realized she needed to get herself together if she had any chance at talking to him again. She decided that she didn't want Stephan anymore...all she wanted was Sebastian Stan.

She would occasionally reach out to the man and of course she received no answer. After the way she treated him and took him for granted, she knew that if she was in Sebastian's shoes, she wouldn't answer herself either.

It was honestly a hard transition for Nia...one day Sebastian was at her side every single day, and the next she didn't even receive texts back from him. She really did suck for taking that man for granted...all she could do was try to fix herself for him, but Stephan was making that difficult for her.

"Why are you tripping? You were just all over me a few days ago..." Stephan says copping Nia an attitude.

"You know I'm going through a break up right now...I feel like you're just taking advantage of me!"

"Man, Shut Up!" The man said slapping Nia across the face, causing her already broken neck to make a popping sound as her head hit the window.

"Ow! Why the hell did you slap me?!" Nia yelled.

"Oh my gosh Nia...I-I'm so sorry..." he said reaching out a hand for her.

"Take me to the hospital...I think you did something to my neck, I heard it pop."

"Nia I'm sor-"

"NOW!" She yelled angrily as the man rushed her to the hospital.
~~~~~
4:47 PM
~~~~~
"He what!?"

"Yeah you heard me right! That asshole slapped me across my face and almost messed up my neck even worse! After he drove me to the hospital I told him to just go on somewhere..." Nia says to Celeste.

"Thank God you told that man to leave...that's so weird...back in the day he was down for you...I'm just trying to figure out what he hit you for." Celeste sighs. Nia wanted to tell Celeste the whole truth about what caused him to be so controlling but that was a conversation for a different time.

"I don't know either girl, but that ship has sailed. I'm not doing that again." Nia says, a knock on the door interrupting her conversation.

"What was that?" Celeste asked hearing the knocking in the background. "Is that Stephan?"

"I think so..." Nia said whispering. She slowly stood up and used a single crutch to wobble towards the door and looked through the peephole. Of course Stephan had been in front of her door...God knows how long he'd been standing on the other side of the door listening.

"Yes..." Nia whispered again.

"Nia, listen to me..." Celeste says. "Do not let that man into your home...it only takes one time for someone to hit you before it becomes an everyday occurrence...let him stand outside of that door."