•Three•

"No way Duke, get out of there." Nia says tugging Duke's leash back as he stuck his nose in a trash pile in a corner.

"Duke, heel." Duke quickly complied with the command and Nia was finally able to walk peacefully.

"So where are you from?" Sebastian asks.

"I'm a Philly native." She said smiling.

"Huh, Philadelphia...is it true that you guys have the best cheesesteaks?"

"Depends on where you get one from." She says shrugging her shoulders nonchalantly.

"You'll have to show me around some time."

"I would be down for that." She says. "How about you tell me about yourself. I'm sure there's more to you than the many personas I've seen you play."

"Well I've lived in a couple of different places in my life. I was born in Constanta which is in Romania, and when I was about 8 years old my mother and I moved to Vienna in Austria." He explains.

"Wow that's so cool! Are you fluent in any languages?"

"Sunt foarte fluent în limba româna(I'm very fluent in Romanian)." He says with a smile.

"Let me guess...German?"

"I do know a little German, but that was Romanian." He explains.

"Oh I see...what brought you all the way to America?"

"My mother." He says with a chuckle. "We moved here to New York when I was 12 and we never left. I think I can as you the same question...What brought you from Philly to New York?"

"A mistake." She said scoffing.

"Do you mind if I ask what the mistake was?" He says looking confused.

"It's name is Derek Boston."

"Oh...I'm so sorry. You don't have to talk about it if you're not comfortable." He says.

"Thank you, I rather not talk about it right now. It's been hard for me to forget about everything." Nia sighed as she stopped and waited for the dog to do his business. Convenient enough for Nia, there was a trash can not even a foot a way and she was able to throw everything away right that second before applying hand sanitizer.

"I think I know something that can help take your mind off of things..."

"And what might that be?" Nia asks furrowing her eyebrows at the man.

"Do you like ice cream?"

"Are you kidding? Of course I do!" She says.

"Then follow me."
~~~~~

"See anything you like?" Sebastian asks as Nia sampled yet another Gelato flavor.

"I think I'm going to get the watermelon and the blueberry, those two were my favorites." She says as she takes out her wallet. "What do you want?"

"Put that away." Sebastian says giving Nia a look out of the corner of his eyes.

"Sebastian it's fine, I got it, you just helped me move. Please...let me do this."

"What did I say?" He said playfully clenching his teeth.

"Finding everything okay?" The teenaged boy behind the Gelato counter asks the two of them.

"The lady will have a medium with two scoops, a Watermelon and a blueberry scoop please. For me, I'll take a medium with a strawberry and a banana scoop." He said meeting the teen at the register.