十一 ↬ The Chūnin Exams - Part II

"Don't move!!" Kei exclaimed. "Let me help you!" she said before she started getting closer to him.

"No! Kei! Don't get too close! If you do you'll be trapped too!" Yori warned her.

This made her stop in her tracks instantly.

"Shit," Kei cursed under her breath.

This was really bad...

Fast enough, Daisuke got by her side.

"We need a rope...!" Kei said, frustration starting to overwhelm her.

"And how are we supposed to find a rope in the desert if we don't already have one?" Daisuke countered.

"I don't know! But if we can't approach him we'll never be able to get him out of here!"

There must be a way though... They couldn't not save him.

They couldn't fail now.

"Hang on!" She shouted. "We're gonna find a way!"

"We'd better do it quickly then," Daisuke interjected.

The sand was moving... Moving toward them.

"Damn," she cursed again, because that's all she could do for now.

She tried to think about something, but nothing came to her mind. She still kept thinking.

If they were in the air and not touching the ground, they could pull him out of there. But it's not as if they could fly...

They had to jump backwards as the sand before them kept moving.

Unless they...

She suddenly thought about something that may have worked. It's not as if she had anything else in mind to save him anyway.

She weaved hand seals pretty fast as each second that passed was making things worse for Yori.

Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall

A rudimentary earth wall suddenly emerged out of the sand after she slammed her palm on the ground.

"This has to work," she murmured to herself, her brows slightly knitted.

Then,

Shadow Clone Technique

She created five copies of herself, hoping it would be enough.

"Could you create two or three clones to help me, please?" she asked Daisuke.

He seemed to be trying to figure out her plan.

"Yes."

With that being said he quickly created them without wasting another second.

"Okay, here's the plan: We need to create a kind of human chain to pull Yori out of this sand," Kei told him.

"Got it."

It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to do, but they somehow managed to create this chain with the help of their clones. Fortunately, the wall Kei had created wasn't too high. Kei was in the air, her legs held by her clones while Yori was lying with his stomach flat on the earth wall, holding one of he clone's legs.

"Take my hand!" she exclaimed.

Thank God, Yori's arms were not buried into the sand but in the air. He had had the good reflex to lift them.

But Yori couldn't grab her hand. There were only a few centimetres missing so their hands could connect.

"Daisuke! More! I can't grab his hand!" she shouted.