十八↬ The Uzumaki Family

After a short walk, the two boys finally arrived at Boruto's house.

Minato couldn't deny that it was really nice.

"I'm home!" Boruto exclaimed as he opened the door.

His sister quickly ran toward him to hug him.

"Welcome home, big brother," she chirped.

Boruto hugged her back.

"Thanks, Hima."

"Boruto? You're home early today," his mother said as she appeared in the hall.

"Yes, I know, Mum. I didn't loiter today," he said before both siblings pulled away from the hug.

His mother smiled at him.

"I've brought a new friend. He doesn't come from here and doesn't have a place to sleep, so I thought it would be okay with you if he stayed here for the night."

Hinata's eyes swiftly landed on the other boy who was next to her son.

"Of course," she said with a smile lighting up her face. "Welcome to the village..."

"Minato. Uchiha Minato. Thank you, and thank you so much for your hospitality," he said as he bowed down his head.

"It's okay. I'm always happy to welcome Boruto's friends at home," she said sweetly.

Minato smiled at her.

"It's nice to meet you, Minato," the female Hyūga then said.

"It's nice to meet you too, Madam."

"Oh no, please, call me Hinata."

Minato didn't feel really comfortable calling adults he had just met by their first names. But if that's what they wanted, then he would do as he was told.

"As you wish."

Hinata gave him a soft smile.

"Come in, please," she said before returning to the other room.

Minato nodded before he removed his shoes and put them carefully next to the door.

Boruto imitated him before he introduced his sister to Minato.

"Minato, this is my younger sister, Himawari, but we all call her Hima since it's shorter,"

"Hello Hima," Minato said softly. "It's nice to meet you too," he said with a smile.

Hima smiled back at him, a bright and toothy grin.

"I'm glad big brother has brought a new friend home!" She chirped.

Minato kept smiling at her.

"Come! Let's go in the living room!" Boruto told him.

The Uchiha boy hummed before he followed the two siblings there.

"What would you like to eat tonight, Minato?" Hinata asked him from the kitchen.

But Minato didn't have any preference about food.

"Never mind me. Whatever you will choose to cook will be fine for me."

Hinata looked at him again as if she were surprised by his polite behaviour. But then she smiled at him once again.

He really was a charming boy, she couldn't help but think.

"I'm going to make rice with fried vegetables and fish," she said still smiling.

"Let me help you, Mum!" Hima said enthusiastically as she ran toward her mother.

Minato smiled as he watched her do so.