二 ↬ The Bell Test

The picture is just... 🤤🤤🤤🤤😍😍😍😍 So of course, this is what Naruto is supposed to look like as a Sensei.

-------------

As Kei went in the kitchen the following morning to make herself some breakfast, she was surprised to find both her parents in it.

"Good morning, hun. Did you sleep well?" Her mother asked her softly as she was already making some breakfast, Kakashi helping her.

Kei blinked blankly at the woman. Recently, Mai hadn't really been available to have breakfast with them. She opened her mouth to try to say something but immediately closed it, and then opened it again, and closed it.

"Come on, have a seat. You must be hungry. But even if you're not, you need carbs if you want to be full of energy for what is awaiting you," Mai stated in a soft voice, caring for Kei like any other mother would for their child.

Kei blinked at the woman again in silence.

"Come on, don't remain frozen in your spot," Kakashi said to his daughter. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

Kei looked at him before gulping. After that, she went to stand between them.

"Can I help you with anything?" Kei asked, not aggressive at all.

"No, it's fine. We're almost done with the food. Just go sit down at the table. We're coming with the food," her mother replied softly, happy that their daughter didn't seem to be pissed off at her anymore.

Kei looked at her before she finally went to sit down at the table in silence.

Not long after, her parents joined her, placing the food down on the table before sitting down. Mai sat down in front of her while Kakashi sat down next to her.

Kei helped herself silently as if she didn't know what to say.

Mai stared at her intently and a small smile quickly made its way on the woman's lips.

"You know, after you're done with what you have to do with your team, I'd like us to spend some time together," she said still in her smooth voice.

Kei gave her mother a questioning look.

"You mean...." She trailed off, being taken aback by the woman's statement.

Mai nodded. "Yes, just the two of us."

"But what about your job? You can't just leave for a full day."

"Of course, I can. And I've only taken one day off in ages, you know. I probably should've done that much sooner."

"......."

"So? How does that sound to you?" Mai asked Kei with a smile.

Kei took a few moments before replying.

"Good," the silver-haired girl answered, suddenly smiling.

Her reaction made Mai smile wider.

"What will we do?" Kei then asked her curiously.

"Well, you'll see. Let's say that it's a surprise," Mai replied still smiling.

"But it's not as if it were my birthday..." Kei answered, but not in a sharp tone.

"I know, but I won't spoil anything."

"And what bout we spend time all together?" Kei then inquired. "I mean with Auntie and Granny as well. It's a been quite a while since the last time we did."

Mai kept smiling at the girl and Kakashi was smiling at her as well.

"That's really a good idea," he said.