八 ↬ New Technique

When he thought the time had finally come, Naruto decided to teach Kei Rasengan.

He went to the Hokage's home rather early in the morning, and knocked on the door (his sister would have certainly scolded him if he hadn't, well had she seen him).

His former Sensei was the one to answer the door.

"Naruto, what a good surprise! What brings you here so early?"

"Good morning, Kakashi-Sensei. Is Kei here?"

"Sure, she is. What's up? I don't remember her saying you had a mission or any training today."

"Oh no, we don't. There's just something I need to show her."

"Oh, I see. I knew you were coming for her anyway. Since she was born you haven't given a damn about me, your Sensei," he teased the blond male.

"What? No! I... Well... It's just that I thought she would need a big brother to grow up, which you didn't, you see..." Naruto said awkwardly.

"Relax Naruto, I'm just teasing you. Come in, I'll go and get her."

"Oh, yeah, right! Thank you."

Naruto waited in the hall for Kei to join him.

She came into view shortly afterward.

"Sensei?" she said, seemingly surprised to see him there. "What's up?"

"Good morning Kei," he greeted her with a smile. "I'd like us to go and train. Sorry, I didn't let you know about it sooner."

Kei gave him a small smile.

"Oh, it's okay. I just need to put my shoes on, and then we'll be able to go."

"Sure, take your time."

After they had bid goodbye to Kakashi, they left the house.

"I think I should go and see what this is all about," the silver-haired man said to himself as he watched them go away. "It will surely be interesting."

It's not as if he had something better to do.

"But first..."

Kei and Naruto went to one of the training grounds, one where they were sure they would be alone.

"What about Yori and Daisuke? Aren't they going to join us?" Kei asked before Naruto could start what he had planned on teaching her.

"No, they aren't. Not today."

"Why not? I thought it was some team training, like what we usually do."

"Well, let's say that today is an exception. I want it to be just you and I this time."

"What are we going to do?" she asked him somehow puzzled.

"I'd like you to learn a new technique today. A very powerful one. More powerful than your father's Chidori."

"Really?"

Naruto nodded with a small smile plastered on his face.

"I know I've never talked to you about Rasengan in detail before, but let me show you."

He took a small balloon full of water out of his back pouch and extended toward Kei as if to give it to her.

"Look. It's rather simple. All you have to do is concentrate your chakra and make it spin with the help of this balloon. That's the first step to learning Rasengan. And since you have good chakra control, it shouldn't take you too long before you master it."